Author Topic: Our Fake Spending Debates Ben Shapiro  (Read 147 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Our Fake Spending Debates Ben Shapiro
« on: June 01, 2023, 01:58:59 pm »
Our Fake Spending Debates
Ben Shapiro 12:01 AM on June 01, 2023

This week, Speaker of the House Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., and President Joe Biden cut a deal to raise the debt limit. The breakthrough came after three months of Biden pledging not to even negotiate over the debt limit. Instead, Biden was forced to concede to a 1% cap on increases for non-military spending, a cutback on IRS funding, a clawback of some unspent COVID-19 allocations, and addition of work requirements for some federal aid.

The compromise deal was indeed far less than House Republicans had demanded, as Rep. Nancy Mace, R-S.C., tweeted, “After factoring in a small cut to discretionary spending over the next 2 yrs, we are still talking about ~$6T more or less in spending bc of large increases in spending elsewhere. … Govt grew massively over the past 3 years. This growth was supposed to be emergency funding only during COVID. During this time, govt grew 40% or by $2 trillion from 2019 to 2023. We went from spending just over $4T to spending just over $6T.”

Every word of that critique is true. Compared to conservative ideals, the compromise bill is indeed a flaming bag of fiscal manure. But conservative ideals weren’t on the table. Biden is the president. Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y. — thanks in large part to the tender 2020 ministrations of President Donald Trump in the Georgia Senate runoffs and his further interference in the 2022 Senate races in Georgia, Arizona, New Hampshire and Pennsylvania — is still the Senate majority leader. This means that Republicans were never going to get a big win on budgetary matters.

more
https://hotair.com/ben-shapiro/2023/06/01/our-fake-spending-debates-n554802
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
Re: Our Fake Spending Debates Ben Shapiro
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2023, 02:08:03 pm »
Shapiro called this one right.

McCarthy is a big governemnt RINO who capitulated to Pedo Joe.  I knew his election to speaker would come back and bite us in the ass.

One point of confusion though that maybe another briefer might help clear up.

McRINO claims that the 85K IRS agents were eliminated from the bill, but I have heard three GOP house members dispute that.  Anyone know the truth on this one point of the bill?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Our Fake Spending Debates Ben Shapiro
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2023, 02:22:14 pm »
Shapiro called this one right.

McCarthy is a big governemnt RINO who capitulated to Pedo Joe.  I knew his election to speaker would come back and bite us in the ass.

One point of confusion though that maybe another briefer might help clear up.

McRINO claims that the 85K IRS agents were eliminated from the bill, but I have heard three GOP house members dispute that.  Anyone know the truth on this one point of the bill?

@catfish1957

Debt Deal Cuts $21 Billion Of IRS $80 Billion, 87,000 New IRS Agents Stay

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robertwood/2023/05/28/debt-deal-cuts-21-billion-of-irs-80-billion-87000-new-irs-agents-stay/
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley