Author Topic: ‘All-Out Assault’: Things Are About To Bust Wide Open Between Trump, DeSantis  (Read 1323 times)

Offline Kamaji

This is just stupid.

I expect a heck of a lot more maturity of a former president/presidential candidate.

:facepalm2:

How childish.

Offline LMAO

This is just stupid.

I expect a heck of a lot more maturity of a former president/presidential candidate.

I don’t get it :shrug:
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online roamer_1

I like that.  A few condescending asides at his age wouldn't hurt either.

"Look, the guy is what, nearly 80?  I'm not going to get upset about an old guy like that yelling stuff anymore.  But he and Biden are good examples of why it is time for the next generation."

That kind of thing will infuriate Trump.

Yeah... Old guy yelling at clouds.
 888high58888

Online roamer_1

What worries me is the fact that so many people vote based on personality...not issues. And so many of the issues that DeSantis stands for are an anathema to many voters. But conversely, Trump hasn't endeared himself to a large swath of the voters either.

I don't see a rosy outlook. But I've been surprised and wrong in my life before.

DeSantis needs to stand hard on TEA Party issues. Wake it back up... The votes will come.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
This is just stupid.

I thought that had to be a gag -- there's no way even Trump would post something like that.  But it's actually legit:

https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrump/posts/110426121391422436

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
@Kamaji

What,and take that job away from DeSantis?
Um, I think you lost track of the discussion.

Offline mountaineer

Amen.

The🐰FOO
@PolitiBunny
1. No single candidate is owed the nomination.
2. Healthy debate is good, especially during a primary. Key word, HEALTHY.
3. Eventually, we all have to work together to remove the Botox-filled puppet in the White House. Keep that in mind, pretty please.
4. Repeat.
6:32 AM · May 25, 2023
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
DeSantis needs to just press forward, stay to the issues, and use Trump against himself to blunt his attacks.
The Republic is lost.

Offline mountaineer

DeSantis needs to just press forward, stay to the issues, and use Trump against himself to blunt his attacks.
And don't respond to the silly childish namecalling.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

Amen.

The🐰FOO
@PolitiBunny
1. No single candidate is owed the nomination.
2. Healthy debate is good, especially during a primary. Key word, HEALTHY.
3. Eventually, we all have to work together to remove the Botox-filled puppet in the White House. Keep that in mind, pretty please.
4. Repeat.
6:32 AM · May 25, 2023

:thumbsup:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

I hope the first GOP Primary Debate looks a little like this ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlJWmlpVgKA

... America collectively just needs to let out all its angst by watching politcians beat the crap out of each other.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Anyone here really have a good feeling about 2024? I sure don't.

Offline DB

I had a good feeling about 2016 until Trump jumped in. Hillary was widely disliked and it was a major opportunity for conservatives. But we got a shiny glittery he fights clown show instead that is still ongoing.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

I don't believe in hope ... it only sets me up for disappointment.

There is plenty of time and plenty of news cycles ahead of us.

There remains opportunity for a GOP Primary Candidate to differntiate himself, in a positive way, from the rest of the pack.

DeSantis is puching above his weight.  I saw one of his 2018 Florida gubenatorial campaign commercials, and it was his wife doing most of the talking.

Pundits were making the point that DeSantis has an Elizabeth Warren issue ...

appeals to a too small, too extreme base, like Elizabeth Warren ...

is not naturally personable in impromptu public social situations, like Elizabeth Warren ...

and gets whisked away from the cameras when confronted by a reporter with a spur-of-the-moment question, like Elizabeth Warren.

DeSantis has time for him and his handlers to right his ship.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2023, 05:21:55 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I had a good feeling about 2016 until Trump jumped in. Hillary was widely disliked and it was a major opportunity for conservatives. But we got a shiny glittery he fights clown show instead that is still ongoing.

I never voted for Trump in 2016. Never was really comfortable with him as the GOP standard bearer. I became EXTREMELY comfortable with him in 2020 and would have walked over broken glass barefoot to vote for him and did. Then, the election was flat out stolen, and no one did a damned thing about it. Now I'm very unsure that it will ever again matter who the GOP nominates.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2023, 05:38:06 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

BIGTIME.

Broke the back of the most effective Conservative movement since Reagan, and destroyed Cruz. And for some reason, the people rejoiced. Chasing after shiny sh*t.

Surely the Democrats and the Republican NEOCONs rejoiced.  *****rollingeyes*****

But now, DeSantis. Hope springs anew.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Yeah, whatever.  So, DeSantis is doing the dems' dirty work against himself?  That makes zero sense.

@Kamaji

DeSantis is doing the Dims dirty work for them.

But you people don't care,as long as Rude Orange Man is the target.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
This is just stupid.

@mountaineer

Career business people use the word "friend" in a different sense than most people. To them it means someone they can convince to see their POV in order to work with them. Doesn't mean they admire them or agree with them,it just means they think they can work with them.

What would YOU prefer,him saying something like "I think I can force this bleep to work with me and  follow my  orders."?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

I try to convince myself on a daily basis that "a change is gonna come",while convincing myself at the same time that it will be a change I like.

Gets harder to do with  each passing day.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I never voted for Trump in 2016. Never was really comfortable with him as the GOP standard bearer. I became EXTREMELY comfortable with him in 2020 and would have walked over broken glass barefoot to vote for him and did. Then, the election was flat out stolen, and no one did a damned thing about it.  Now I'm very unsure that it will ever again matter who the GOP nominates.[/b]

@Bigun

The ABSOLUTE 100 percent truth.

I obviously share your doubts.

I also SERIOUSLY think that this may  be the last actual "people's election" we have unless Trump or some other "Bomb Thrower" takes the WH.

At the same time,I SERIOUSLY think some "Miss Manners Candidate" will end up as the alleged Republican candidate,and it will make no actual difference at all which party  wins because the outcome will be the same.

Nobody would be happier about me being proven  wrong than me.