Author Topic: Buttigieg: I Would Have Gone to East Palestine Sooner if I Knew ‘the Amount of Misinformation’  (Read 262 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Buttigieg: I Would Have Gone to East Palestine Sooner if I Knew ‘the Amount of Misinformation’

Ian Hanchett 24 May 2023

During an interview with NBC News aired on Tuesday’s edition of “Hallie Jackson Now,” Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg stated that one reason he visited East Palestine, Ohio in the wake of the train derailment there was “all of the misinformation that came to the people of East Palestine” and that “had I known the amount of misinformation that would be directed at the people of East Palestine, we would have taken more steps to make sure that they got more accurate information sooner in the process.”

Buttigieg stated, “I do think that we missed an opportunity to communicate more clearly, with all of the misinformation that came to the people of East Palestine. And that’s one of the reasons why I broke with the norm. Normally, a Transportation Secretary does not go to an active HAZMAT site or an active crash site. But, in this case, I thought it was worth breaking that norm in order to be there to directly communicate with people on the ground about how this administration was supporting them and to communicate with the country about the safety and reforms that are needed.”

He added, “I was upholding the norm, which is that you stay out of the way of first responders and NTSB. But I do think, had I known the amount of misinformation that would be directed at the people of East Palestine, we would have taken more steps to make sure that they got more accurate information sooner in the process.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/05/24/buttigieg-i-would-have-gone-to-east-palestine-sooner-if-i-knew-the-amount-of-misinformation/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Transportation is not what you think it means Petey.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Kamaji

Online mountaineer

What misinformation, Petey? The people of East Palestine weren't given much of any information immediately after the derailment.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
So what about THIS, Pete?

Pete Buttigieg lashes out at reporter asking about toxic Ohio train derailment

https://nypost.com/2023/02/22/buttigieg-snaps-on-personal-time-when-asked-about-ohio/

aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus