Author Topic: Ron DeSantis says his 2018 ‘Build the wall’ ad was “satirical”  (Read 689 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Ron DeSantis says his 2018 ‘Build the wall’ ad was “satirical”
Florida Politics, May 23, 2023

'It was a little tongue in cheek, but that was, you know, many years ago.'

It turns out the most famous ad of Ron DeSantis’ political career was just a joke after all.

In an interview with John Stossel, DeSantis took aim at those who took seriously his ad from 2018’s Primary campaign in which DeSantis acted like a Donald Trump mini-me by teaching one of his children how to “build the wall,” and reading to another from The Art of the Deal.

“Well, if you watch that, I mean, you know, it was a satirical ad,” said the Governor who was described in the spot as a “pit bull Trump defender.”

“It was a little tongue in cheek, but that was, you know, many years ago.”

DeSantis acknowledged the attention the ad brought him during his first run for Governor.

“I was running and we wanted to get some notoriety. And so I knew if we did that, that it would cause the press to go berserk, and what they would do is they would be outraged by it, but they would keep playing it and so people would see,” he explained.

“I don’t even know how much money we paid to run it, but the media ran it for us because they were so upset, you know, that it was a pro Trump ad.”

The ad positioned Mr. DeSantis as the Trumpiest candidate in the 2018 field, reminding voters that he was endorsed over Adam Putnam.

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/614030-ron-desantis-says-his-2018-donald-trump-tribute-ad-was-satirical/

Keep talking, Ronny; please.   88devil

Offline Idiot

Online cato potatoe

Well, yeah.  Anyone who isn't suffering from senile dementia can spot this right away.

Offline Hoodat

What wall?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

How many months now have you been trying to connect DeSantis with the Bush family, and this is all you can come up with?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Ron DeSantis says his 2018 ‘Build the wall’ ad was “satirical”
Florida Politics, May 23, 2023

'It was a little tongue in cheek, but that was, you know, many years ago.'

It turns out the most famous ad of Ron DeSantis’ political career was just a joke after all.

Yeah,what the hell? Can't a guy tell a joke when he is looking for campaign donations from the left?

In an interview with John Stossel, DeSantis took aim at those who took seriously his ad from 2018’s Primary campaign in which DeSantis acted like a Donald Trump mini-me by teaching one of his children how to “build the wall,” and reading to another from The Art of the Deal.

“Well, if you watch that, I mean, you know, it was a satirical ad,” said the Governor who was described in the spot as a “pit bull Trump defender.”

Uh,huh. Didn't have a damn thing to do with winning re-election,did it?

“It was a little tongue in cheek, but that was, you know, many years ago.”

Whose cheek was he putting his tongue up,Biden's?

DeSantis acknowledged the attention the ad brought him during his first run for Governor.

“I was running and we wanted to get some notoriety. And so I knew if we did that, that it would cause the press to go berserk, and what they would do is they would be outraged by it, but they would keep playing it and so people would see,” he explained.

Translation: "I don't mind lying to you and taking you  for fools if that is what it takes to win!"

“I don’t even know how much money we paid to run it, but the media ran it for us because they were so upset, you know, that it was a pro Trump ad.”

The ad positioned Mr. DeSantis as the Trumpiest candidate in the 2018 field, reminding voters that he was endorsed over Adam Putnam.

Yeah,but he was just "funnin for funding",so it's not like he was REALLY playing his supporters for fools,is it?

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/614030-ron-desantis-says-his-2018-donald-trump-tribute-ad-was-satirical/

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Hoodat

Wow, you guys are really desperate.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
How many months now have you been trying to connect DeSantis with the Bush family, and this is all you can come up with?

@Hoodat

What are you going to say  when the Bush Crime Family donates a ton of money to his campaign?

Offline Hoodat

What are you gonna say when they don't?  Never mind.  I already know.  You will simply repeat the lie.  Again and again.  With zero evidence to back it up (as you just admitted).

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

Here's a list of everyone with the last name of 'Bush' who has donated money to Ron DeSantis.  Not a single one of them is related to George H.W. Bush.  Not a single one.  Yet the lie keeps getting repeated again and again and again.  I'm sick of it.

https://www.opensecrets.org/donor-lookup/results?name=Bush&cycle=&state=&zip=&employ=&occupation=&jurisdiction=&cand=DeSantis&type=

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Here's a list of everyone with the last name of 'Bush' who has donated money to Ron DeSantis.  Not a single one of them is related to George H.W. Bush.  Not a single one.  Yet the lie keeps getting repeated again and again and again.  I'm sick of it.

https://www.opensecrets.org/donor-lookup/results?name=Bush&cycle=&state=&zip=&employ=&occupation=&jurisdiction=&cand=DeSantis&type=

@Hoodat

Well,Bubba,you MIGHT want to take notice that DeSantis isn't a formal candidate yet,so there are no tax breaks or other dodges to help them launder the money. Get back with  me once the campaign starts.

Offline Hoodat

@Hoodat

Well,Bubba,you MIGHT want to take notice that DeSantis isn't a formal candidate yet,so there are no tax breaks or other dodges to help them launder the money. Get back with  me once the campaign starts.

DeSantis has been a formal candidate five times.  That's two more times than Trump.  And if/when he announces for 2024, it will be three times more than Trump.  Of course that has nothing to do with the fact that DeSantis hasn't received a dime of Bush money, contrary to the bullshit you are peddling here.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
DeSantis has been a formal candidate five times.  That's two more times than Trump.  And if/when he announces for 2024, it will be three times more than Trump.  Of course that has nothing to do with the fact that DeSantis hasn't received a dime of Bush money, contrary to the bullshit you are peddling here.

@Hoodat

Is Desantis your daddy?

If not,did he win you  in a poker game,or something similar?