Author Topic: Who Likes Lake Havasu ?  (Read 4198 times)

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
Re: Who Likes Lake Havasu ?
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2023, 08:58:45 pm »
Needs more trees.  :whistle: :shrug:

I would agree more trees would be great. 

The same is true for the lakes on the Salt.  To many of beaches are un-developed (or underdeveloped) and don't have a lot of shade. 

At the same time, you can get an ugly sunburn in the shade just from sunlight reflecting off of the water.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2023, 08:59:44 pm »
Ya know, with all his sass, and disrespect in your house... Nobody'd mind if he rode the lightning.
He's got it coming...

Do you live in Arizona ? (that's a rhetorical question BTW)

Offline libertybele

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2023, 09:06:49 pm »
This thread has been on going and curiosity has the best of me.  Why the on going question/thread as to who likes Lake Havasu?

I've never been there so I can't really answer the question.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2023, 09:09:41 pm »
Speaking of Arizona -- (nope, I couldn't help myself)  Come on --sing along -- it's a great song (IMHO)!!!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfqKS3ENYBQ

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2023, 09:39:35 pm »
This thread has been on going and curiosity has the best of me.  Why the on going question/thread as to who likes Lake Havasu?

I've never been there so I can't really answer the question.

Fair question ?

I did something similar with Sedona which is a great place to visit (although some here might never go since it is a left-wing haven).

I was just looking to kick up some conversation around Havasu as I am going to take some family out there sometime soon.

It sits right on the Coloroado and has seen a lot of development thanks to a huge push by (you guessed it.....developers).  Parker, down the road is similar but has never seen the attention.  Both areas used to have similar populations (mid 70's about 4 to 7 K).  Parker is now still at 4 K and Lake Havasu is at over 57 K (more than doubled since 1990). 

It's a huge retirement area and is known for having a lot of money.

In the late 1960's, the London Bridge was purchased from the City of London and brought to Havasu as little more than a gimmick on the part of developers.  I've been on the bridge.....big deal.  But it shows you what marketing can do.

Anyway....I was just looking for ideas as it has been quite some time since I've been out there.  Lookinng it over now.....it's a monster.  Hoping there are some more attractions and things to do.

It's not like this site can't use some additional discussion (or at least the AZ section).  But, of course, this had to be turned into a discussion about RINO's.

Hope that helps.

If you go there....it is hotter than blazes in the summer.  Be prepared. 

It has quite a reputation as a spring break party over (everyone I've talked to says stay away during that time).

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2023, 09:45:57 pm »
Speaking of Arizona -- (nope, I couldn't help myself)  Come on --sing along -- it's a great song (IMHO)!!!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfqKS3ENYBQ

Yep.....never going to live that one down.

Then there were the Eagles......

"Standing on a corner on Winslow, Arizona.....such a fine sight to see".

When I first heard that line, I thought......they ain't never been to Winslow (it's not a fine sight to see).  I soon figured out he was talking about the girl in the flatbed Ford (slowing down to take a look at me).  But then I thought....they've never been there, cause you'd be taking a big chance......in Winslow.

If you go to the Winslow Wiki page, they actually talk about the "Standing on the Corner Park" they have named in honor of the song.

Winslow sits up on I-40 and is out in the middle of BF nowhere.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2023, 09:47:28 pm »
Fair question ?

I did something similar with Sedona which is a great place to visit (although some here might never go since it is a left-wing haven).

I was just looking to kick up some conversation around Havasu as I am going to take some family out there sometime soon.

It sits right on the Coloroado and has seen a lot of development thanks to a huge push by (you guessed it.....developers).  Parker, down the road is similar but has never seen the attention.  Both areas used to have similar populations (mid 70's about 4 to 7 K).  Parker is now still at 4 K and Lake Havasu is at over 57 K (more than doubled since 1990). 

It's a huge retirement area and is known for having a lot of money.

In the late 1960's, the London Bridge was purchased from the City of London and brought to Havasu as little more than a gimmick on the part of developers.  I've been on the bridge.....big deal.  But it shows you what marketing can do.

Anyway....I was just looking for ideas as it has been quite some time since I've been out there.  Lookinng it over now.....it's a monster.  Hoping there are some more attractions and things to do.

It's not like this site can't use some additional discussion (or at least the AZ section).  But, of course, this had to be turned into a discussion about RINO's.

Hope that helps.

If you go there....it is hotter than blazes in the summer.  Be prepared. 

It has quite a reputation as a spring break party over (everyone I've talked to says stay away during that time).

Ok, fair answer to my question, but IMHO repeating the same question and running out the thread for several weeks, doesn't exactly equate to "new conversation" or "new topics" .... just sayin'.

I have relatives that live in AZ-- I visited once.  The heat isn't any big deal IMHO as it is a dry heat.  I'm used to 90+ weather with 90%+ humidity.

At any rate @HikerGuy83 have fun in Lake Havasu.

Peace.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2023, 10:07:08 pm »
I might take 110 F in the Valley of the Sun over 90%--90 F, but it would be close. As comedian and Scottsdale resident Mike Finney has joked, your oven is a dry heat too, try sticking your head in that.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2023, 03:06:34 am »
Do you live in Arizona ? (that's a rhetorical question BTW)

Nope. NW Montana Rockies... Now you know why I think it needs more trees.  happy77

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2023, 08:28:41 pm »
I might take 110 F in the Valley of the Sun over 90%--90 F, but it would be close. As comedian and Scottsdale resident Mike Finney has joked, your oven is a dry heat too, try sticking your head in that.

There does reach a point where it does not matter.....it's just miserable. 

For me that is between 105 and 110 F.

It's also important to note that the sun simply sucks the life out of you at those temps.  You can be in the shade at 105 and it is bearable (you are still going to sweat).  But the sun at it's peak can drain you quickly.

As for Havasu, they have a lake.  Water does make a difference.  It can 100 F out and low hunidity.  If you step out of a pool, you can get a chill.

Additionally a breeze is helpful (especially if you are sweating).  I've been in canyons in the Superstitions where the air flow is dead and it felt like a frigging oven.  Hard to breath.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2023, 08:32:42 pm »
Ok, fair answer to my question, but IMHO repeating the same question and running out the thread for several weeks, doesn't exactly equate to "new conversation" or "new topics" .... just sayin'.

I have relatives that live in AZ-- I visited once.  The heat isn't any big deal IMHO as it is a dry heat.  I'm used to 90+ weather with 90%+ humidity.

At any rate @HikerGuy83 have fun in Lake Havasu.

Peace.

Ultimately, it would be good to have discussions around the demographics in the state as they do affect how things play out politically.  Especially with regards to issues like illegal immigration and water.

But, when all you get is comments about RINO's.....well....

I have been trying to get some others to join the board.  They've commented negatively on the AZ forum.  Can't argue their points.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2023, 08:34:56 pm »
Nope. NW Montana Rockies... Now you know why I think it needs more trees.  happy77

You can live just about anywhere else and have more trees than this state (southern NM can be pretty barren too).  The state is not going to allow development to the west due to a lack of water.  This is a desert, after all.