Author Topic: Karine Jean-Pierre Claims Biden Negotiated Budget ‘for Months’ with Republicans  (Read 206 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Fact Check: Karine Jean-Pierre Claims Biden Negotiated Budget ‘for Months’ with Republicans

Wendell Husebø 23 May 2023

CLAIM: White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said during Tuesday’s press briefing that President Joe Biden tried to negotiate the federal budget “for months” with House Republicans through debt limit talks.

VERDICT: Mostly false. On May 9, Biden acknowledged it took over 97 days for him to invite House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) for a second meeting to negotiate the Republican bill to cut the budget, raise the debt ceiling, and prevent default.

“I submitted my budget on March 9th in detail,” Biden said. “He [McCarthy] passed his plan, I think, in the last or second to last week in April.”

“Five days later, after he finally put forward something, I called on him to invite him to a meeting with the other leading members of Congress,” Biden admitted.

Although Biden put forward a plan in March and met with McCarthy months later on May 9, the White House refused to negotiate the budget through debt ceiling talks until last week, claiming that budget and debt limit negotiations were separate “conversations.”

“Did the president wait too long to engage with the Republicans on the negotiations?” CBS News’s Weijia Jiang asked Jean-Pierre Tuesday.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/05/23/fact-check-karine-jean-pierre-claims-biden-negotiated-budget-for-months-with-republicans/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
She spent all that time accusing the Republicans of not having any plan at all, while in fact we did, and were debating it all the while.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: