Author Topic: Unhinged NYC college professor who cursed out anti-abortion students holds machete to Post reporter’  (Read 998 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Unhinged NYC college professor who cursed out anti-abortion students holds machete to Post reporter’s neck
By Reuven Fenton and
Emily Crane   
May 23, 2023 1:45pm

The unhinged Manhattan college professor who went viral for cursing out anti-abortion students shockingly held a machete to a Post reporter’s neck Tuesday — and made wild threats that she was going to “chop” him up.

Shellyne Rodriguez spewed the menacing remarks when The Post knocked on the door of her Bronx apartment Tuesday morning — a day after she made headlines for flipping out on pro-life students at Hunter College.

“Get the f–k away from my door, or I’m gonna chop you up with this machete!” the manic adjunct art professor shouted from behind her closed door just moments after veteran reporter Reuven Fenton identified himself.

Seconds later, Rodriguez barged out and alarmingly put the blade to the reporter’s neck.

“Get the f–k away from my door! Get the f–k away from my door!” she raged before retreating back into her apartment and slamming the door.

Hunter College adjunct Professor Shellyne Rodriguez held a machete to a Post reporter’s neck Tuesday outside her Bronx apartment door.
Robert Miller

The Post reporter and photographer immediately left the apartment building, but an armed Rodriguez quickly followed and accosted them outside.
see also

“If I see you on this block one more f–king time, you’re gonna …,” Rodriguez said, while still wielding the implement.

“Get the f–k off the block! Get the f–k out of here, yo!”

The professor briefly chased The Post’s photographer down the street to his car before coming back to kick the reporter in the shins.

She finally retreated into her building just moments later.

The terrifying ordeal unfolded after footage surfaced online that showed Rodriguez unleashing a profanity-laden attack on anti-abortion students who’d set up an information table at Hunter College earlier this month.

“You’re not educating s–t. This is f–king propaganda,” the art professor hissed to the students in the May 2 incident. “What are you going to do, like, anti-trans next?”

more
https://nypost.com/2023/05/23/nyc-college-professor-shellyne-rodriguez-holds-machete-to-post-reporters-neck/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Wow.  She really is unhinged.  And brandishing a machete like that should be an automatic first-class trip to the Tombs.

Has she been arrested yet?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Wow.  She really is unhinged.  And brandishing a machete like that should be an automatic first-class trip to the Tombs.

Not yet.... :whistle:

Is she still a *professor* ?
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
In this neck of the woods, that could have got her shot.
Chasing after someone (who is unarmed) waving a machete and threatening serious bodily injury or death is cause for third party intervention with (up to) lethal force.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
This is bullshit

"The college is taking this matter very seriously. The Provost has opened an investigation into the professor's actions," Hunter College said in the statement returned on Monday.

"Hunter does not tolerate such conduct by faculty," the college added in a subsequent statement released to Fox News Digital on Tuesday. "The Provost has completed an investigation and the faculty member has been appropriately disciplined. In addition, the faculty member has been warned that if the behavior reoccurs, there will be further consequences."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/college-student-details-professors-tirade-against-anti-abortion-display-started-berate-us
Support the USO

Offline Kamaji

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Makes me wonder if a consequence was, in part, a suspension and that was why she was home?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline andy58-in-nh

Of course not.

Now, if she had used the wrong pronoun in addressing a student...
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
"The Provost has completed an investigation and the faculty member has been appropriately disciplined. In addition, the faculty member has been warned that if the behavior reoccurs, there will be further consequences."

Appropriate action would include a psych eval for a person who has threatened another person with a deadly weapon. Especially considering this person has a record of strident contempt for the value of human life.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LMAO

This is what universities have become

This is why America cannot, and will not, be saved
« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 07:53:20 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

Total bullshit.

Threatening people with a weapon is a Crime. But she has the “correct” political mindset and so her punishment will be less.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "Wow, beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.
"You have the most agile mind of anyone I know." -
Avice Marie Griffin, PhD, Clinical Psychologist

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 11:47:41 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

Offline Kamaji

At least the college finally fired her a$$.  Now she needs to be arrested and prosecuted.

NYC professor under investigation after chasing Post staffers with machete: cops

By Joe Marino and Patrick Reilly
May 23, 2023

The unhinged New York City art professor who held a machete to a Post reporter’s throat after he knocked on her apartment door Tuesday morning is under investigation by the NYPD, according to police.

Shellyne Rodriguez could possibly face assault and other charges over the frightening altercation, which began inside her Bronx apartment building before she then chased two Post staffers in the street, according to law enforcement sources.

New York Post veteran Reuven Fenton and a photographer visited Rodriguez to inquire about a viral video from earlier this month in which she freaked out on pro-life students in an expletive-laced tirade at Hunter College, where she was employed as an adjunct.

Hours after the terrifying incident, Rodriguez was fired from Hunter College, the Manhattan school confirmed.

“Rodriguez has been relieved of her duties at Hunter College effective immediately and will not be returning to teach at the school,” school spokesman Vince Dimiceli told The Post.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/05/23/nyc-professor-shellyne-rodriguez-under-investigation-after-chasing-post-staffers-with-machete/

Offline LMAO

At least the college finally fired her a$$.  Now she needs to be arrested and prosecuted.

NYC professor under investigation after chasing Post staffers with machete: cops

By Joe Marino and Patrick Reilly
May 23, 2023

The unhinged New York City art professor who held a machete to a Post reporter’s throat after he knocked on her apartment door Tuesday morning is under investigation by the NYPD, according to police.

Shellyne Rodriguez could possibly face assault and other charges over the frightening altercation, which began inside her Bronx apartment building before she then chased two Post staffers in the street, according to law enforcement sources.

New York Post veteran Reuven Fenton and a photographer visited Rodriguez to inquire about a viral video from earlier this month in which she freaked out on pro-life students in an expletive-laced tirade at Hunter College, where she was employed as an adjunct.

Hours after the terrifying incident, Rodriguez was fired from Hunter College, the Manhattan school confirmed.

“Rodriguez has been relieved of her duties at Hunter College effective immediately and will not be returning to teach at the school,” school spokesman Vince Dimiceli told The Post.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/05/23/nyc-professor-shellyne-rodriguez-under-investigation-after-chasing-post-staffers-with-machete/

Would she be in  Alvin Bragg’s jurisdiction? If she is, she’ll get off.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Kamaji

Would she be in  Alvin Bragg’s jurisdiction? If she is, she’ll get off.

Most likely she'll get off, maybe with a non-crime plea to disorderly conduct (which is a violation, not a crime, under NY Penal Law).

Offline Kamaji

So now she's been arrested, although she was allowed the benefit of surrendering herself at 7am today, rather than being dragged out in handcuffs and perp-walked.

NYC professor Shellyne Rodriguez turns herself in to cops after threatening Post reporter with machete

By Emily Crane and Georgett Roberts
May 25, 2023

The manic Manhattan arts professor who held a machete to a Post reporter’s neck and threatened to “chop” him up surrendered to police Thursday.

Shellyne Rodriguez, 45, was caught on camera wielding the blade and spewing menacing remarks Tuesday outside her Bronx apartment.

She surrendered to the 43rd precinct in the Bronx just after 7 a.m. Thursday.

The shocking chain of events unfolded when the veteran Post reporter knocked on Rodriguez’s door to ask her about viral footage of her cursing out Hunter College pro-life students.

“Get the f–k away from my door, or I’m gonna chop you up with this machete,” the unhinged professor screamed before barging out with the blade.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/05/25/nyc-professor-shellyne-rodriguez-surrenders-after-threatening-post-reporter/

Offline Kamaji

Fired NYC professor Shellyne Rodriguez says she’s the victim after machete threat

By Emily Crane
May 24, 2023

The Manhattan college arts professor who was fired after threatening a Post reporter with a machete and cursing out anti-abortion students claimed Wednesday that she’s the victim — arguing the school had “capitulated” to racists and misogynists by terminating her.

Shellyne Rodriguez, 45, was axed from Hunter College on Tuesday, just hours after she was filmed holding the blade to the veteran reporter’s neck while spewing menacing remarks outside her Bronx apartment.

Rodriguez lashed out after the reporter identified himself and knocked on her door to ask her for an interview regarding the viral footage of her flipping out on pro-life students at Hunter College on May 2.

In a statement to ARTnews on Wednesday, Rodriguez insisted the saga had “taken a toll on my mental health.”

Rodriguez, who didn’t directly address the machete ordeal in her statement, claimed she had been “inundated with vile and hateful emails, texts and voicemails” over the past two weeks as the footage of her encounter with the anti-abortion students started to spread online.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/05/24/fired-nyc-professor-shellyne-rodriguez-says-shes-the-victim-after-machete-threat/

Offline Kamaji

:facepalm2:

So painfully typical of a liberal.

Offline andy58-in-nh

Don't deny she's a victim, or she's likely to put a machete to your throat.  **nononono*
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
She just can't hack it.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline andy58-in-nh

She just can't hack it.
@Wingnut

There's more of your cutting humor, right there.

Hers is such a nice little "slice of life" story, don't you think?  :silly:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
@Wingnut

There's more of your cutting humor, right there.

Hers is such a nice little "slice of life" story, don't you think?  :silly:

Yep a real gay blade.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.