Author Topic: Florida Gov. DeSantis to announce entrance into 2024 GOP presidential primary  (Read 2728 times)

Offline NavyCanDo

DeSanta/Scott....my ticket

Same here. Love that
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline libertybele

Same here. Love that

DeSantis/Scott  So far, I'm sold on that ticket as well.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Polly Ticks

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online Right_in_Virginia

"Elon Musk on the 2024 election: “I’m not at this time planning to endorse any particular candidate but I am interested in using X/Twitter being somewhat of a public town square”. (Video)

https://twitter.com/alx/status/1661112768299237376

Online Right_in_Virginia

https://twitter.com/CaseyDeSantis/status/1661131473020239876

What has DeSantis been fighting compared with Trump, and just what has DeSantis sacrificed?

Online Hoodat

What has DeSantis been fighting compared with Trump

Fighting for Conservative government?  Balanced budgets?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline corbe

He certainly doesn't give a $hit whether Rosie O'donells or Megan Kellys head explodes or not   :whistle:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline ScottinVA

DeSantis/Scott....my ticket

Mine as well.  They’d be a great team.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@libertybele

Ya just gotta wonder how long it took to get that kid dressed in that suit.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Yeah, anyone comparing self-made middle-class kid DeSantis to spoiled rich kid Trump, and trying to paint DeSantis as the elitist, needs to get back on their meds.

@Maj. Bill Martin

A weasel is a weasel,and all your class warfare will do nothing to change that basic fact.

Online Hoodat

@Maj. Bill Martin

A weasel is a weasel,and all your class warfare will do nothing to change that basic fact.

Speaking of class warfare, didn't someone here just slam DeSantis for being beholden to billionaires?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline corbe

It's gonna be an Ugly Battle, reminiscent of the 16 Cruz thing and may as well be called what it is: Conservatives vs. Populist.

BATTLE OF EVERMORE (Cover) — Brigitte Roka

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5Th-JRwzE0

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Speaking of class warfare, didn't someone here just slam DeSantis for being beholden to billionaires?

@Hoodat

I don't know,but I do know that *I* said he was sucking up to them like a homo junkie needing a fix.

He has already established that there is NOTHING he won't do and and no back he won't stab in order to try to become President.

Online Hoodat

Who's back did DeSantis stab?  I believe earlier, you tried to tell us that DeSantis stabbed Trump in the back because he was supposed to be Trump's running mate (even though they are both from Florida).  You then went on to tell us how worthless DeSantis was which made us question why Trump would want him in as a running mate in the first place.  Sorry, it is so hard to keep up with the fallacious gymnastics that we are exposed to on a daily basis by those who make it up as they go with zero regard for veracity or reason.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline corbe

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Who's back did DeSantis stab?  I believe earlier, you tried to tell us that DeSantis stabbed Trump in the back because he was supposed to be Trump's running mate (even though they are both from Florida).  You then went on to tell us how worthless DeSantis was which made us question why Trump would want him in as a running mate in the first place.  Sorry, it is so hard to keep up with the fallacious gymnastics that we are exposed to on a daily basis by those who make it up as they go with zero regard for veracity or reason.

@Hoodat

Is there ANY lie you won't tell to establish your spot as a DeSantis Fan Boi? What I wrote was that he stabbed Trump  in the back because Trump spent time and money  helping him get re-elected,and then he turns around and runs against Trump.

Maybe that sort of betrayal is just peachy-keen amongst your circle of friends,but not mine.

BTW,PLEASE note that I just pointed out a lie by you.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
What has DeSantis been fighting compared with Trump, and just what has DeSantis sacrificed?

Wow.  What has Trump actually fought other than lawsuits/criminal charges?  He's a lot of talk, and that's it.  Rather than fighting against the federal bureaucracy when it came to Covid, he punted, and the excuse given is "well, they would have been really mean to him if he had fired Fauci, so he had to go along with those recommendations."  No, he didn't.

His selling point is supposedly his willingness to take on the "deep state", but when push came to shove, he folded like a cheap suit precisely because he was unwilling to take on the deep state.

And what has he "sacrificed"???  Good grief, there is absolutely nothing the guy loves more than being the center of attention.  He absolutely loves running for office because he has millions of supporters who, as he said, would keep supporting him even if he shot someone.  He loves being President because he loves the adulation, and whatever financial cost he's had to pay is meaningless because he already has far more than most people, and more than he'd ever spend.

Running for office and winning is the greatest thing that has ever happened to him.  He hasn't "sacrificed" squat.

DeSantis fought successfully against the Trump-led federal governments efforts to force masking, social distancing, and school closings.  He fought successfully against CRT in schools, he's fought against the cult of transgenderism, he fought - successfully again - against Democrats in Florida, actually expanding both his own level of support and the support for Republicans in the legislature.  He's fought to have district attorneys prosecute actual crimes, and when he had one who didn't, he gave him the boot.

If you want more details, ask some Floridians.  I know that as a conservative American, Trump failed me in his first term, and I'm not about to give him a second.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2023, 04:07:38 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

@corbe

Since when? If you are close enough to spit in their face,you are close enough to stab them anywhere you want.

Online Right_in_Virginia

This guy?

Online Hoodat

@Hoodat

Is there ANY lie you won't tell to establish your spot as a DeSantis Fan Boi? What I wrote was that he stabbed Trump  in the back because Trump spent time and money  helping him get re-elected,and then he turns around and runs against Trump.

Maybe that sort of betrayal is just peachy-keen amongst your circle of friends,but not mine.

BTW,PLEASE note that I just pointed out a lie by you.

This is your post, no?

@Hoodat

Announcing he is COMPETING with Trump for the  top spot isn't stabbing him in the back after the "name recognition boost" that Trump gave him by announcing he would pick him for VP?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

This guy?

Yes, the guy who received more money from billionaires than did DeSantis.  Three times as much from Hal Lambert, the person you are referencing with that post.  Talk about hypocrisy!

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Right_in_Virginia

Yes, the guy who received more money from billionaires than did DeSantis

You know nothing 🤦

Online Hoodat

You know nothing 🤦

I know that Trump received more money from Lambert than DeSantis.  I can post a link if you like, hypocrite.  Apparently, it is OK for Trump to take money from billionaires, but if anyone else does, they will get criticized by Trump zealots.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline corbe

You know @Right_in_Virginia WE as Briefers have a right to know if you're working for the Trump Campaign or not.
   Your fanaticism just seems overboard at times?

Online Hoodat

You know @Right_in_Virginia WE as Briefers have a right to know if you're working for the Trump Campaign or not.
   Your fanaticism just seems overboard at times?

At times?  More like 24/7.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-