Author Topic: Florida Gov. DeSantis to announce entrance into 2024 GOP presidential primary  (Read 2729 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
May 23, 2023 2:05pm EDT
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis to announce candidacy for president Wednesday on Twitter: sources
Ron DeSantis instantly becomes top-tier contender in 2024 GOP nomination race alongside former President Donald Trump

By Paul Steinhauser , Andrew Murray | Fox News

After months of buildup and speculation, Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida is officially entering the 2024 White House.

Sources familiar confirmed to Fox News that the popular, conservative two-term governor will declare that he's candidate for president, on Wednesday at 6 p.m. ET during a conversation with Elon Musk on Twitter.

Along with his announcement, DeSantis is expected to file paperwork with the Federal Election Commission, which officially launches his GOP presidential campaign.

Even though he's been on the 2024 sidelines, DeSantis for months has been in the top tier of Republican nomination contenders, behind former President Donald Trump and ahead of the rest of the field of actual and likely candidates in nearly every GOP primary poll.

The announcement by DeSantis coincides with his meeting this week in Miami with top financial backers.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/florida-gov-ron-desantis-announce-candidacy-president-wednesday-twitter-sources
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Square profile picture
NBC News
@NBCNews
BREAKING: Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis will announce he is running for president during a Twitter Spaces discussion with Elon Musk on Wednesday night, sources familiar with the plans tell @NBCNews

The announcement will coincide with a retreat for high-end fundraisers pledged to support DeSantis in Miami.

He plans to begin visiting several early states after Memorial Day.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online libertybele

Well, FL is going to lose a really good conservative governor, but he's going to make an excellent president.  :patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
DeSantas/Scott....my ticket
« Last Edit: May 24, 2023, 05:54:15 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Kamaji

Well, FL is going to lose a really good conservative governor, but he's going to make an excellent president.  :patriot:

Very true.  I hope that Floridians get lucky twice with his replacement, should that become necessary.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Yes...I would rather he stay as Gov to keep Fla red.... :shrug:
Support the USO

Offline cato potatoe

He’s term limited either way.  The Lt. Gov. seems capable.

Online libertybele

He’s term limited either way.  The Lt. Gov. seems capable.

??? His term doesn't end until '27.  Lots of time left still to be governor.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Announce already.

We know you're running because you already have a SuperPAC running ads.
Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Kamaji

Announce already.

He'll be formally announcing on Wednesday:  https://nypost.com/2023/05/23/ron-desantis-to-formally-announce-2024-presidential-run-wednesday/

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Announce already.

You put your right foot in
You take your right foot out
And you shake it all about
You do the hokey pokey
And you turn yourself around
That's what it's all about
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Announce already.

There are very bright lines under federal law for when you have to declare, and the existence of an independent superpac supporting your candidacy isn't one of them.

Remember when Trump was doing all those rallies before he declared, and was saying things like "I'm not officially running yet, but I'm going to be making an announcement at the appropriate time and I think you are going to be very happy with it?"  It was even more obvious that he was running than DeSantis, and yet his supporters had no issue at all with him playing that game.  It's only when someone else did the same thing Trump had done that they decided it was a big deal.

Online corbe

Trump aides mock DeSantis for ‘out of touch’ campaign launch plans

BY BRETT SAMUELS - 05/23/23 4:13 PM ET

Allies of former President Trump ridiculed Ron DeSantis on the eve of his 2024 presidential campaign launch, bashing the Florida governor for making his expected announcement on Twitter and mocking his campaign rollout.

“This is one of the most out-of-touch campaign launches in modern history. The only thing less relatable than a niche campaign launch on Twitter, is DeSantis’ after party at the uber elite Four Seasons resort in Miami,” Karoline Leavitt, a spokesperson for the Trump-aligned Make America Great Again Inc., said in a statement.

“Everyday more and more Americans are realizing just how out of step Ron DeSantis is with their values and how unelectable he really is,” Leavitt added.

Trump campaign aides also piled on after it was widely reported that DeSantis planned to formally enter the 2024 race during a Wednesday night conversation on Twitter Spaces with the company’s CEO, Elon Musk.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4017734-trump-aides-mock-desantis-for-out-of-touch-campaign-launch-plans/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

You take your right foot out
And you shake it all about
You do the hokey pokey
And you turn yourself around
That's what it's all about

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

Allies of former President Trump ridiculed Ron DeSantis on the eve of his 2024 presidential campaign launch, bashing the Florida governor for making his expected announcement on Twitter and mocking his campaign rollout.

“This is one of the most out-of-touch campaign launches in modern history. The only thing less relatable than a niche campaign launch on Twitter, is DeSantis’ after party at the uber elite Four Seasons resort in Miami,” Karoline Leavitt, a spokesperson for the Trump-aligned Make America Great Again Inc., said in a statement.

“Everyday more and more Americans are realizing just how out of step Ron DeSantis is with their values and how unelectable he really is,” Leavitt added.

Trump campaign aides also piled on after it was widely reported that DeSantis planned to formally enter the 2024 race during a Wednesday night conversation on Twitter Spaces with the company’s CEO, Elon Musk.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4017734-trump-aides-mock-desantis-for-out-of-touch-campaign-launch-plans/
Oh well, if 'allies of Trump' are denigrating it DeSantis must be doing the right thing, pigs don't squeal son without no reason :silly: :silly:

Offline berdie

<..snip..>

Okey dokey. Four Seasons vs Mar A Lago. DeSantis uses Twitter vs Trump using it extensively. Too bad DeSantis couldn't find a golden escalator to ride down to show how in touch he was. wink777

imho, Trump gave DeSantis name recognition with his incessant pounding. In my heart of hearts, I'm not sure DeSantis even intended to run initially. But what else could he do after the ridiculous negative criticism?

Online corbe

I'll be anticipating RDS saying Mehico only sends US their worst and I hire only the BEST!
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Okey dokey. Four Seasons vs Mar A Lago. DeSantis uses Twitter vs Trump using it extensively. Too bad DeSantis couldn't find a golden escalator to ride down to show how in touch he was. wink777

Yeah, anyone comparing self-made middle-class kid DeSantis to spoiled rich kid Trump, and trying to paint DeSantis as the elitist, needs to get back on their meds.

imho, Trump gave DeSantis name recognition with his incessant pounding. In my heart of hearts, I'm not sure DeSantis even intended to run initially. But what else could he do after the ridiculous negative criticism?

I agree.  If he didn't run, It would have looked to some like Trump bullied him out of it.   So Trump ended up getting the exact thing he wanted to prevent.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 09:49:18 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline berdie

I agree.  If he didn't run, It would have looked to some like Trump bullied him out of it.   So Trump ended up getting the exact thing he wanted to prevent.

I'm not a doctor @maj.bill martin...but I believe this malady is called Bite Myself In The Butt Syndrome.

Online roamer_1

I'm not a doctor @maj.bill martin...but I believe this malady is called Bite Myself In The Butt Syndrome.

Tumpy can talk a mile with both feet in his mouth.  :whistle: :laugh:

Online libertybele

Only problem is I think most of us know that this is going to be another Trump circus show just like in '16.  I'm afraid it's going to hand the DEMS the WH.   

The only silver lining to that will be that DeSantis will still be our governor and Trump won't run again.

Offline mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online corbe

Only problem is I think most of us know that this is going to be another Trump circus show just like in '16.  I'm afraid it's going to hand the DEMS the WH.   

The only silver lining to that will be that DeSantis will still be our governor and Trump won't run again.

I'm sure DeSantis has studied every minute of Trump's 16 Campaign against Cruz and is fully aware what a slimeball he can be and at what point to expect it. He is a Harvard/Yale Lawyer, after all.
   Cruz and many others will jump into the RDS Car (not Train) upon his announcement, IMHO.

Online libertybele

https://twitter.com/CaseyDeSantis/status/1661131473020239876

The ad is just ok and makes his point.  Are we supposed to recognize the voice??

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Damn!  I'm going to miss all of this. From the previews, it sure promises to be one helluva sh*tshow.  Take good notes.  :laugh:

Happy Summer!