Author Topic: Florida Gov. DeSantis to announce entrance into 2024 GOP presidential primary  (Read 2725 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

You know @Right_in_Virginia WE as Briefers have a right to know if you're working for the Trump Campaign or not.
   Your fanaticism just seems overboard at times?

88devil

Good night @corbe  See you next week.

Happy Summer!     

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
This is your post, no?

@Hoodat

I SHOULD have written "implied" because that IS the way it seemed to most of us.

Not a Fan Boi like you,of course,but most people.

Trump just lives rent-free in your head 24/7,doesn't he?

What are you going to do if he is elected President,slash your wrists? Shave your head and become a Hare Krisna?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I know that Trump received more money from Lambert than DeSantis.  I can post a link if you like, hypocrite.  Apparently, it is OK for Trump to take money from billionaires, but if anyone else does, they will get criticized by Trump zealots.

@Hoodat

Well,you ARE the one that hates billionaires,bubba.

Offline LMAO

@Hoodat

I don't know,but I do know that *I* said he was sucking up to them like a homo junkie needing a fix.

He has already established that there is NOTHING he won't do and and no back he won't stab in order to try to become President.

Well, if it’s your opinion that RDS is a backstabbing little bitch, you get to not vote for him

Aren’t choices great?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline mountaineer

Well, if it’s your opinion that RDS is a backstabbing little bitch, you get to not vote for him

Aren’t choices great?
Choices certainly are great. It's good to have several GOP contenders. Now we can look at each one's record and policy positions, and make up our own minds as to which one will preserve this republic. It would be ridiculous to have only one candidate.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LMAO

Choices certainly are great. It's good to have several GOP contenders. Now we can look at each one's record and policy positions, and make up our own minds as to which one will preserve this republic. It would be ridiculous to have only one candidate.

Couldn’t have said it better myself
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

@libertybele

Ya just gotta wonder how long it took to get that kid dressed in that suit.

@sneakypete I hadn't thought about that, but it probably took awhile.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Amen.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Polly Ticks

And he spilled something on it approximately 17 seconds after his mother turned her back.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline roamer_1

I spent half my childhood dressed up like that... 3 piece suit every Sunday, all day long... Till 6th grade when we moved out here... And other than high school graduation, and a couple stints at weddings and funerals, I was never in a suit again.

And some of y'all wonder why I love these mountains...
« Last Edit: May 24, 2023, 06:49:06 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I spent half my childhood dressed up like that... 3 piece suit every Sunday, all day long... Till 6th grade when we moved out here... And other than high school graduation, and a couple stints at weddings and funerals, I was never in a suit again.

:patriot:

Offline libertybele

As a child I always was dressed in a nice dress on Sundays for church and then over to Grandma and Grandpas.As I grew older and even after I married, we got dressed up on Sundays for church and dressed the kids up to.  I always dressed nicely for work as well; dress pants and blouses or suits. 

Then we retired; no more work clothes. Shorts and t-shirts.  I have dresses hanging in the closet and that's where they've been hanging.  I should probably retire them to Goodwill.

Offline libertybele

And he spilled something on it approximately 17 seconds after his mother turned her back.
No doubt.  :laugh: :beer:

Offline roamer_1

As a child I always was dressed in a nice dress on Sundays for church and then over to Grandma and Grandpas.As I grew older and even after I married, we got dressed up on Sundays for church and dressed the kids up to.  I always dressed nicely for work as well; dress pants and blouses or suits. 

Then we retired; no more work clothes. Shorts and t-shirts.  I have dresses hanging in the closet and that's where they've been hanging.  I should probably retire them to Goodwill.

I ain't owned a suit that I bought for myself in my life... Rented a few.

I have cowboy clothes (jeans, saddled shirts with pearly snaps, sh*tkickers, optional vest, and hat)

I have mountain clothes (jeans, tin pants, flannel, buckskins, woolies, moccasins, vibram soled boots, and toques and hats)

I have shop and construction clothes (jeans, pinstriped utility shirts, lace-up boots with oil resistant soles)

But mostly, jeans or sweats, t-shirt, ballcap, light weight hikers (loose-laced so I can slip em on easy). Stuff over that in winter... That's my everyday, including church - I won't go to a church that demands me to put on airs. That ain't what church is for...

But that's me. No suits... just what works.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Aren’t choices great?

@LMAO

Yup! Couldn't agree more.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@roamer_1

What are "tin pants"

You ain't dressing up like a Crusader,are you.

Not that I think  that would be out of order in Grizzly Country.

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

What are "tin pants"

You ain't dressing up like a Crusader,are you.

Not that I think  that would be out of order in Grizzly Country.

@sneakypete

Roughly, making a pair of pants into oil cloth. I use Carhartt insulated overalls for this, so you have to be careful painting the oil on so that you don't mess with the insulation layer.

But basically, linseed and beeswax, mixed and thinned over heat, paint it on the pants, do a second coat, then scrape em down with a bondo paddle and a heat gun...

Sounds simple, but it takes a knack.  happy77

Extremely durable, wind, water, and abrasion proof. Great outer layer over wool... And they really suck to break in, even starting with your wore out old Carhartts... But they last forever.

They may not be comfortable, but at least they smell bad.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2023, 01:00:41 am by roamer_1 »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

Roughly, making a pair of pants into oil cloth. I use Carhartt insulated overalls for this, so you have to be careful painting the oil on so that you don't mess with the insulation layer.

But basically, linseed and beeswax, mixed and thinned over heat, paint it on the pants, do a second coat, then scrape em down with a bondo paddle and a heat gun...

Sounds simple, but it takes a knack.  happy77

Extremely durable, wind, water, and abrasion proof. Great outer layer over wool... And they really suck to break in, even starting with your wore out old Carhartts... But they last forever.

They may not be comfortable, but at least they smell bad.

@roamer_1

No,it doesn't.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Precisely.

With the unforced errors and going on 8 years of negative press and criminal behaviour from every angle to get at just one man, I'm willing to consider an unknown who will move forward on eliminating the known operatives from their abused positions in perpetuity, upon trial and conviction in a venue away from the coasts, and the Democrat enclaves where Trump Hate is preached from the pulpit.

Is that fair? Was 2020 fair? It might not seem that way, but I guess it is a matter of focus on the issues and removing corruption--something that may not be possible short of martial conflict.

We must remember, that is no one person's "turn", no matter the events of the past, no matter how unfair they were, and stay focused on what will be best for the future of this Republic. To everything there is a season.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis