Author Topic: 'ENOUGH IS ENOUGH': Utah mayor announces bid to take Romney's Senate seat  (Read 200 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 May 23, 2023 10:00am EDT
'ENOUGH IS ENOUGH': Utah mayor announces bid to take Romney's Senate seat
'I love my children, and I'm worried about the country they will inherit if I sit on the sidelines,' says Mayor Trent Staggs

By Kyle Morris | Fox News

FIRST ON FOX: A Utah mayor has announced he will seek the Senate seat currently held by Sen. Mitt Romney in the state's 2024 Senate election, becoming the first candidate to pose a challenge to the Republican senator should he attempt to seek re-election.

Riverton Mayor Trent Staggs – a Republican who gained notoriety in 2020 for his opposition to mask mandates amid the coronavirus pandemic – said he is looking to protect the country that his children will some day inherit.

"I love my children, and I'm worried about the country they will inherit if I sit on the sidelines," Staggs told Fox News Digital. "For too long, we've allowed government bureaucrats to spend away the next generation's future, and we need more voices willing to push back."

Romney filed FEC paperwork last month in a possible first step toward running for re-election, but his chief of staff told local media that he has not made a final decision.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/enough-enough-utah-mayor-announces-bid-take-romneys-senate-seat
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Yep. I was surprised Utah sent him to Washington in the first place after his Mass. pilot program for Obamacare.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Romney was a hero in Utah for rescuing 2002 Winter Olympics from International Olympic Committee corruption and American Olympic Committee incompetence.

Romney is a soul-less political chameleon.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright