Author Topic: Blinken threatened with criminal contempt for refusing to turn over Afghan withdrawal files  (Read 161 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Blinken threatened with criminal contempt for refusing to turn over Afghan withdrawal files
Secretary Antony J. Blinken in a virtual U.S. Embassy London meet and greet on May 4, 2021. (State Department Photo by Ron Przysucha)
MAY 22, 2023 BETH BROWN

The Biden administration’s State Department recently informed the House of Foreign Affairs Committee that it would be allowed to review portions of the documents relating to the U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan, with the caveat that committee Chairman Michael McCaul (R-Texas) suspend his push to hold Secretary of State Antony Blinken in contempt of Congress for refusing to turn over the files.

The House Foreign Affairs Committee first requested the documents over a year ago. Last week, McCaul confirmed a contempt vote to The Washington Times, but hedged that it could be suspended should Blinken agree to produce the documents.

“I hope the Secretary will comply with our subpoena,” McCaul said. “We’ve given him a lot of accommodations. Exercised a lot of patience.”

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2023/05/blinken-threatened-with-criminal-contempt-for-refusing-to-turn-over-afghan-withdrawal-files/
Would you be willing to fight and die for multiculturalism?  Would you put your life on the line for “Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity” (DIE); “Environmental, Social, and corporate Governance” (ESG); or other Marxist worldviews?  Would you go to war to preserve the right of delusional men to use women’s restrooms and dominate women’s sports?  Would you fight for any government that hunts down and imprisons J6 protesters as political hostages but celebrates Antifa and Black Lives Matter rioters who cause physical injury and property damage?

J.B. Shurk

Online DefiantMassRINO

Maybe there are no documents to be had for the Afghan Evacuation.  If they had no plans, there would be nothing to document.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright