Author Topic: Umpire arrested for allegedly putting cop in chokehold after local baseball game  (Read 395 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
American Military News by Chris Kirkman   May 23, 2023

An umpire at a Missouri baseball game was arrested on charges of assault after allegedly engaging in a brawl with a sheriff’s deputy and placing the deputy in a chokehold.

The incident took place at Ballparks National in Camden County earlier this month, according to reports from local news outlets.

The altercation began when deputies responded to a report from a woman who claimed that the 56-year-old umpire, Neal Sidebottom, had pushed her during an argument at the baseball field. When one of the deputies approached Sidebottom to obtain his statement as part of the investigation, the umpire reportedly refused to identify himself and attempted to walk away from the scene.

The injured deputy was transported to the hospital for treatment. He sustained injuries including a broken rib, contusions on his lower back, elbows and knees. The deputy is currently recovering at home and is on medical leave.

More: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2023/05/umpire-arrested-after-allegedly-putting-cop-in-chokehold-after-local-baseball-game/

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Just from what I have observed the last ten years of my grandson playing(not counting what I saw when my daughter played) there are a lot of angry people umpiring out there that get off on stealing games from kids so I can understand a parent getting in their face. I have walked away more than once rather than shall we say share my opinion with the Blue.

Authorities express gratitude to the individuals who stepped in to assist the deputy during the incident. Unfortunately it doesn't say if the umpire required medical aid afterwards....he should have.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 10:06:53 pm by GtHawk »