Author Topic: Report Confirms Dozens of Senators Are Being Issued Taxpayer-Funded Satellite Phones in Preparation  (Read 250 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Report Confirms Dozens of Senators Are Being Issued Taxpayer-Funded Satellite Phones in Preparation for a “Disruptive Event”
by Cullen Linebarger May. 22, 2023 1:40 pm

A report confirms that United States Senators have been issued emergency satellite phones.

CBS News reported these devices are part of a series of new security measures being offered to senators by Karen Gibson, Senate Sergeant at Arms.

The official line of reasoning behind offering the satellite phones was “to ensure a redundant and secure means of communication during a disruptive event.”

CBS News also notes that the satellite phones were offered partially in response to the January 6, 2021 protests at the U.S. Capitol.

Sources confirmed to CBS News all 100 senators were offered the phones last month and more than 50 ( over four dozen) accepted Gibson’s offer. The senators who agreed to take the devices were urged to keep them close by during travel.

more
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/05/report-confirms-dozens-senators-are-being-issued-taxpayer/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

(a) why wasn't this done before now?

(b) what "disruptive event" are they planning for?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 The Latest Device Given to 50 Senators Is Bound to Gin Up Conspiracy Theories
Matt Vespa

I’m not saying that I disagree with the thought of a conspiracy theory. This country has free speech, meaning people can generally think and say whatever they want, including holding abysmal opinions. From believing in Bigfoot to thinking that pedophiles are a discriminated class, many opinions exist. Some are interesting; some JFK assassination theories could be arguably plausible. No, I don’t think Ted Cruz’s father was involved. There are scores of conspiracy theories involving Area 51, UFOs, and aliens. Some believe George S. Patton wasn’t killed in an automobile accident in 1945 but assassinated. In the social media age, it takes just one tweet, and I’m sure more than a few will be drafted after what Capitol Hill security gave 50 members of the US Senate: Satellite phones. It was offered to all 100 members, but only 50 took them so far. These are meant for emergency communications in a “disruptive event.” The last phrase is what could lead to some far-out theories (via CBS News):

Amid growing concerns of security risks to members of Congress, more than 50 senators have been issued satellite phones for emergency communication, people familiar with the measures told CBS News. The devices are part of a series of new security measures being offered to senators by the Senate Sergeant at Arms, who took over shortly after the assault on the U.S. Capitol on January 6, 2021.

The satellite phone technology has been offered to all 100 senators. CBS News has learned at least 50 have accepted the phones, which Senate administrative staff recommend senators keep in close proximity during their travels.

In testimony before the Senate Appropriations Committee last month, Senate Sergeant at Arms Karen Gibson said satellite communication is being deployed "to ensure a redundant and secure means of communication during a disruptive event."   

Gibson said the phones are a security backstop in the case of an emergency that "takes out communications" in part of America. Federal funding will pay for the satellite airtime needed to utilize the phone devices.

A Department of Homeland Security advisory said satellite phones are a tool for responding to and coordinating government services in the case of a "man-made" or natural disaster that wipes out communication.   

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2023/05/22/why-capitol-security-just-gave-50-senators-satellite-phones-n2623557
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I wonder if the senators who took them are from one party?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline libertybele

I wonder if the senators who took them are from one party?

Or if they were only issued to one party?  If so, what kind of chaos have the DEMS come up with and why?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

Or if they were only issued to one party?  If so, what kind of chaos have the DEMS come up with and why?

The article does say that the phones were offered to all 100 senators, so it appears that it was offered to republicans as well as to the 'rats.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Emerald Robinson ✝️
@EmeraldRobinson
·10m

When Congress hands out satellite phones to senators, you know it’s time to buy more guns and ammo — right?

And canned food.