Author Topic: Army Mulls 10-20% Cut to Special Operations Forces  (Read 100 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Army Mulls 10-20% Cut to Special Operations Forces
« on: May 23, 2023, 02:17:40 pm »
Army Mulls 10-20% Cut to Special Operations Forces
Lawmakers and Army officials have discussed cuts through decade’s end, including to Green Berets, psyops, and enablers.
CAITLIN M. KENNEY | MAY 22, 2023 02:45 PM ET
ARMY SPECIAL OPERATIONS CONGRESS

The U.S. Army is considering cutting 10 to 20 percent of their special operation forces, according to Capitol Hill officials and a former top commander of the service’s elite forces.

Kenneth Tovo, a retired Army lieutenant general who led U.S. Army Special Operations Command, was asked by Sen. Ted Budd, R-N.C., at a Senate hearing on Wednesday about “the administration's plans to cut 10 percent of U.S. Army Special Operations Forces” and their likely effect on the service’s ability “to provide combatant commanders with options for great power competition, counterterrorism and crisis response.”

“I think it'll be crippling,” said Tovo, who was speaking before the Armed Services subcommittee on emerging threats and capabilities. “10 percent of the force is going to be a significant—…the higher end is even 20 percent.”

Later, a congressional aide went into more detail.

https://www.defenseone.com/policy/2023/05/army-mulls-10-20-cut-special-operations-forces/386639/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Army Mulls 10-20% Cut to Special Operations Forces
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2023, 02:20:16 pm »
Mix together personnel cuts, things that don't work, wokeness, green priorities, stir them well, and you have a sure bet recipe for disaster. ghoul7
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson