Author Topic: Vehicle scanners going up at El Paso-area border crossings  (Read 139 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Vehicle scanners going up at El Paso-area border crossings
by: Julian Resendiz

Posted: May 22, 2023 / 05:14 PM CDT

Updated: May 22, 2023 / 05:14 PM CDT

High-tech portals will alert CBP officers to anomalies, contraband in passenger cars, commercial trucks

EL PASO, Texas (Border Report) – High-tech portals that will scan incoming vehicles for contraband are going up at two El Paso-area border crossings.

Several concrete arches that will house low-energy portal (LEP) scanning systems already can be seen on the western northbound lanes of the Bridge of the Americas port of entry. The structures are about 150 feet from the U.S. Customs and Border Protection inspection booths and will provide CBP officers with imaging that could betray hidden compartments or illicit cargo.

“The LEP system will scan arriving traffic and the imagery generated will be used by CBP to identify potential threats in a timely and efficient manner,” said CBP El Paso Port Director Ray Provencio. “The systems will supplement existing non-intrusive inspection technology, enhance border security and will not impede current traffic flows or wait times.”

https://www.borderreport.com/immigration/border-crime/vehicle-scanners-going-up-at-el-paso-area-border-crossings/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Vehicle scanners going up at El Paso-area border crossings
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2023, 01:49:05 pm »
Why has it taken this long and why aren't they being put in at all major entry points? :im waiting:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson