Author Topic: ERO Boston arrests convicted drug trafficker wanted in Portugal  (Read 159 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
MAY 16, 2023 BOSTON, MA ENFORCEMENT AND REMOVAL
ERO Boston arrests convicted drug trafficker wanted in Portugal
ERO Boston arrested a Portuguese national who was convicted and sentenced to prison for drug trafficking in Portugal on May 11.

BOSTON — Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO) Boston arrested a Portuguese national who was convicted and sentenced to prison for drug trafficking in Portugal on May 11.

“ERO Boston is deeply committed to helping keep our communities safe, which is a key part of our mission and our work,” said ERO Boston Field Office Director Todd Lyons. “The ERO Boston team of officers will continue to apprehend and remove people who are a threat to public safety and who have been convicted of crimes in their home country.”

The man entered the United States in 2008 under the Visa Waiver Program but did not comply with its terms, remaining in the country for more than 15 years. The fugitive foreign citizen, who was convicted and sentenced to more than four years in prison for drug trafficking in the Azores region of Portugal, was arrested and taken into custody by ERO Boston Fugitive Operations Team officers in Fairhaven without incident. He remains in ERO Boston custody. ERO will seek his removal from the United States.

https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/ero-boston-arrests-convicted-drug-trafficker-wanted-portugal
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: ERO Boston arrests convicted drug trafficker wanted in Portugal
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2023, 01:40:04 pm »
The guy must not be very smart if he could only make 15 years in this country illegally without being caught. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Re: ERO Boston arrests convicted drug trafficker wanted in Portugal
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2023, 01:59:30 pm »
Sounds like they pretty much knew where he was all along, but didn't do anything about it until they got word from Portugal.