Author Topic: Sources: Despite Talk of Tough ‘Consequences’, Biden Is Admitting Illegal Immigrants Just Like Befor  (Read 214 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Sources: Despite Talk of Tough ‘Consequences’, Biden Is Admitting Illegal Immigrants Just Like Before
A new human torrent becomes more likely once word reaches 120,000 in Mexico

By Todd Bensman on May 19, 2023

AUSTIN, Texas — The Biden administration appears to be admitting illegal border-crossers into the United States interior under the new strategy it told the American public was a tough deterrent that would dissuade illegal entries, the Center for Immigration Studies has learned.

Illegal border-crossers are finding that, if they claim asylum and then appeal the administration’s vaunted automatic denials, they get released into the American heartland on their own recognizance with “notices to appear” for a distant court hearing.

That outcome stands in sharp contrast to the threatened — and much feared — quick asylum-claim denials the administration vowed would be followed by “expedited removals” to home countries or Mexico.

The administration has remained tight-lipped, for fear that word of the post-Title 42 releases will set off a new flood of illegal immigration and end the current “pause”, about which senior Biden officials have taken public victory laps.

https://cis.org/Bensman/Sources-Despite-Talk-Tough-Consequences-Biden-Admitting-Illegal-Immigrants-Just
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson