Author Topic: Parents infuriated as migrants enroll in Chicago schools without health records after years of COVID  (Read 291 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 May 25, 2023 12:00pm EDT
Parents infuriated as migrants enroll in Chicago schools without health records after years of COVID rules
Jennifer Preston says policies 'inconsistent' with what is required for residents' children
By Elizabeth Heckman | Fox News

Chicago-area parents are voicing their outrage over public schools allowing migrant children to enroll without health documentation, as cities across the U.S. are dealing with an influx of migrants into their communities.

Mother Jennifer Preston joined "Fox & Friends First" on Thursday to discuss the hypocrisy of requiring vaccination records from residents, while migrants are allowed to enroll without such documents.

"Right now in the school district in which we live we have to provide residency, citizenship, health records and vaccination records on an almost annual basis. I have a child right now, and I must have five emails in my inbox stating that my child cannot return to school next year without a specific vaccine. So it's certainly inconsistent with what they're allowing for the migrant children coming into the Chicago public schools."

According to Fox 32, around 40 to 50 migrant children were expected to enroll at one elementary school in the Little Village area and up to a dozen would go to a nearby high school for the final weeks of the school year.

The city's sanctuary policies toward migrants has prompted outrage from residents, which boiled over at a recent meeting about a college being used as temporary housing for migrants.

"You can be compassionate, but you can't be foolish," one resident said.

"We are inviting in everyone like a magnet, ‘Everyone come here, collect all your freebies. We are going to give it to you.' Every sucker in here is going to pay for it," another resident said.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/parents-infuriated-migrants-enroll-chicago-schools-without-health-records-years-covid-rules
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
You voted for it, you eat it.
The Republic is lost.

Offline LMAO

You voted for it, you eat it.

And, despite their anger for the time being, they’ll vote for it again
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

And, despite their anger for the time being, they’ll vote for it again

That's the really stupid part about all this; one would hope - being a somewhat rational person - that this would be a wake-up call for them, but it won't.

Online Hoodat

Democrats - Opposing Equal Protection since 1836
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-