Author Topic: The Inconvenient Truth About ‘Climate Refugees’ – A Closer Look At The Data  (Read 144 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY DR. MATTHEW WIELICKI ON MAY 22, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

The Inconvenient Truth About ‘Climate Refugees’ – A Closer Look At The Data
What is a climate refugee?

A climate refugee is a person forced to leave their home or country due to the impact of climate change, such as rising sea levels, extreme weather events, droughts, or desertification.

These individuals are displaced because their livelihoods, homes, or lives are at risk due to the changing climate conditions. [emphasis, links added]

Climate refugees seek refuge or migrate to safer areas in order to secure their survival and well-being.

While the IPCC acknowledges that climate change can lead to human migration and displacement, the term “climate refugee” is not officially recognized or defined by the IPCC.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/the-inconvenient-truth-about-climate-refugees-a-closer-look-at-the-data/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson