Author Topic: Wrong, WEF, Climate Change Is Not Threatening Lizards, Wine, Coffee or Air Turbulence  (Read 162 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Wrong, WEF, Climate Change Is Not Threatening Lizards, Wine, Coffee or Air Turbulence
By Linnea Lueken -May 22, 20230

An article posted to the World Economic Forum (WEF) blog on climate claims that climate change is having “unusual effects around the world.” In a short post, not all of the claimed effects can be checked, but the ones for which data is readily available suggest any climate impact is overblown if not entirely non-existent.

The article, “8 unexpected side effects of climate change,” lists several claimed deleterious effects of climate change, but upon further examination, available data easily refutes the claims.

Interestingly, there is a discrepancy between claims made in the article’s summary and the actual claims made in the paper itself.

The summary’s bullet points definitively state that climate change IS “impacting everything from the sex and size of animals to the state of wine and coffee crops,” and “it’s also making flights a lot bumpier and lightning strikes more frequent.” By contrast, the sections of the article related to these claims give no evidence that any of this actually happening. Instead, the WEF hedges its claims, by stating, the effects “could” or “may” be happening or might in the future. In addition, the WEF fails to examine other factors, besides climate change, possibly contributing to the changes it says are occurring, and unscientifically represents a single year’s weather anomaly as if it were representative of a long-term trend.

https://climaterealism.com/2023/05/wrong-wef-climate-change-is-not-threatening-lizards-wine-coffee-or-air-turbulence/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson