Author Topic: Biden admin announces 'historic' plan to reduce western states' water supply  (Read 473 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
May 22, 2023 2:41pm EDT
Biden admin announces 'historic' plan to reduce western states' water supply
Ongoing drought impacting Colorado River is threatening critical water supplies and hydropower-generated electricity

By Thomas Catenacci | Fox News

The Biden administration announced Monday that seven western states had reached an agreement to conserve critical Colorado River system water supplies amid severe drought conditions.

The agreement — reached by the so-called Lower Basin states of Arizona, California and Nevada — ensures that at least 3 million acre-feet (maf), or 978 billion gallons, of Colorado River water supplies are conserved by 2027, according to the Department of the Interior (DOI) which has worked with states to address shortages. Under the plan, at least half of that amount will be conserved by 2025.

"There are 40 million people, seven states, and 30 Tribal Nations who rely on the Colorado River Basin for basic services such as drinking water and electricity," Interior Secretary Deb Haaland said in a statement Monday.

"Today’s announcement is a testament to the Biden-Harris administration’s commitment to working with states, Tribes and communities throughout the West to find consensus solutions in the face of climate change and sustained drought," she continued.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-admin-announces-historic-plan-reduce-western-states-water-supply
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
They don't just want to kill us by cutting off farming and food supplies.

They want us to die of thirst as well.

Online libertybele

They don't just want to kill us by cutting off farming and food supplies.

They want us to die of thirst as well.

Apparently so ... maybe then people will have had enough?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Who got screwed?

My bets are on ranchers, farmers, small towns...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online libertybele

Who got screwed?

My bets are on ranchers, farmers, small towns...

Probably, but I would think that those reductions will eventually affect some DEMS as well.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Probably, but I would think that those reductions will eventually affect some DEMS as well.
Likely they will mostly be in the larger towns or 'boutique' towns like Aspen. Country folks tend to be conservative.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
NO WATER...NO FOOD!!    It is not a mystery.  Starve the population, freeze them in the winter, bake them in the summer with no electric.  The dark ages are coming for folks in the USA.

90% of the population will  be dead of starvation within one year.  This was projected by someone credible in the past, I do not recall who.  When I heard it, I thought it very plausible.  Watch the movie The Road to get a clue of the future in the USA.  Death and destruction are coming.  It is what the super rich want to save the earth, and any means necessary is acceptable to them.  Any means to accomplish their ends.   
« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 08:18:38 am by jafo2010 »