Poll

DO YOU consider yourself an Extrovert or an Introvert?

Extrovert
4 (11.8%)
Introvert
17 (50%)
It's Complicated
10 (29.4%)
I'm Bipolar (stoner option)
3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: June 21, 2023, 09:09:35 pm

Author Topic: DO YOU consider yourself an Extrovert or an Introvert?  (Read 5495 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: DO YOU consider yourself an Extrovert or an Introvert?
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2023, 08:41:53 pm »
I don't doubt that. Just saying that the internet allows introverts to express themselves with strangers when they otherwise wouldn't do so.

I have no doubt as to that being true.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2023, 08:53:42 pm »
I am generally introverted...except when I am driving :whistle:

Do you mean that when you're driving...

You don't mind running into somebody?

****drummer

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2023, 08:56:12 pm »
Some, myself included, have never had any problem with speaking their minds under any circumstance.
:yowsa:

(...at times, even when it is unwise...but more often than not being brash and honest (and right) works.)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2023, 08:59:06 pm »
Do you mean that when you're driving...

You don't mind running into somebody?

****drummer
Well, I met my late wife by accident...no vehicles involved, she dialed a 'wrong' number -wrong area code, just the prefix and rest of the number put her in touch with me. God's hand.
(I told her "No, you have the right number!" and we talked for half an hour...and met up later.)

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2023, 09:01:21 pm »
That's why I quit. I could have just as much fun, no regrets, no hangover (not that I ever had much of one), and if something went wrong, there was a sober driver to get them to help.

I'm mostly quit too... You can mostly count all the beers I have in a year on one hand...

But every now and then there will be a hootenanny and I'll get half in my beers (which only takes a couple anymore) and I'll get nicely tooted, and it's a great time.

It is sorta a studied attempt to to be more like normal people and *not* get sh*t-faced...

In order to achieve that, all I can do is practice.  :laugh: :whistle: :beer:

Offline DB

« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2023, 09:07:19 pm »
Well, I met my late wife by accident...no vehicles involved, she dialed a 'wrong' number -wrong area code, just the prefix and rest of the number put her in touch with me. God's hand.
(I told her "No, you have the right number!" and we talked for half an hour...and met up later.)

Wow! That's amazing!

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2023, 09:15:32 pm »
Wow! That's amazing!
Even more amazing, we were together for a while, and then broke up. We stayed friends, almost twenty years later got back together, married, and were together for another 23 years, raised two grandkids, and never had a major disagreement. 

I really miss her.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2023, 09:17:07 pm »

That's great! I had one of those the other day... She hit me up on txt, I replied she had the wrong number, but I was able to answer her question (about my locality), which lead to a short txt conversation, which lead to a phone call for around an hour.

Nice lady. Horse people, from Tennessee. Widowed rancher's wife... I tend to attract them, somehow.

Anyhow, she'll be up here later this summer...

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2023, 09:18:19 pm »
That's great! I had one of those the other day... She hit me up on txt, I replied she had the wrong number, but I was able to answer her question (about my locality), which lead to a short txt conversation, which lead to a phone call for around an hour.

Nice lady. Horse people, from Tennessee. Widowed rancher's wife... I tend to attract them, somehow.

Neat! You never know where it will lead.  :laugh:

C S Lewis

Offline DB

« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2023, 09:21:10 pm »
Even more amazing, we were together for a while, and then broke up. We stayed friends, almost twenty years later got back together, married, and were together for another 23 years, raised two grandkids, and never had a major disagreement. 

I really miss her.

I'm very sorry for your loss. Life if fragile.

Offline DB

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2023, 09:21:35 pm »

That's pretty amazing too!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2023, 09:22:04 pm »

I really miss her.

As well you should. Nothing for it when half of you gets torn away. But, as painful as that is, it shows the great depth of your love for her, and that is a thing to be honored. By us all. It is rare to find. And even rarer to complete.

I am truly sorry for your loss.

Online corbe

« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2023, 09:28:11 pm »
   I'm generally an Introvert and shy away from the public and not engage in conversation.  Unless I'm smoking and/or drinking (which I usually am) and good company.  I've gotta a couple of ugly Friends that stop by often and insist a trip to the bar.  I'm apparently a good wingman, so there's that. 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2023, 09:57:12 pm »

I really miss her.

Of course you do @Smokin Joe ... hugs   I wish there was something I could say, but it sure sounds like you had quite an amazing life's journey together.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2023, 10:18:15 pm »
As well you should. Nothing for it when half of you gets torn away. But, as painful as that is, it shows the great depth of your love for her, and that is a thing to be honored. By us all. It is rare to find. And even rarer to complete.

I am truly sorry for your loss.
@DB @roamer_1 Thanks.
What gets me through every day is recognizing how truly blessed I was to have her here as long as I did, and the belief we will be reunited some day.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2023, 10:19:08 pm »
Of course you do @Smokin Joe ... hugs   I wish there was something I could say, but it sure sounds like you had quite an amazing life's journey together.
We did, both of us, both before we married and after.

C S Lewis

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2023, 10:40:26 pm »
...or posting on TBR...(I seen it)  :silly:
Well I can't and won't deny it, it's something about being on the other side of glass...mostly. I have been known to get quite extrovertal at other times, but I try very hard to control my inner child's tantrums  9999hair out0000 nowadays, and of course better meds :tongue2: :silly: :silly:

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2023, 10:45:48 pm »
I don't doubt that. Just saying that the internet allows introverts to express themselves with strangers when they otherwise wouldn't do so.
As a rule I didn't let strangers stop me, if you had been around during the last year, especially the last three months I managed MickyD's you would have seen. Then again maybe that wasn't what people actually mean by extroverted...Is terminally burned out and perpetually pissed off the same as extroverted? It was amazing how introverted I again became after just one week transitioning to construction :silly:

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2023, 10:52:16 pm »
As a rule I didn't let strangers stop me, if you had been around during the last year, especially the last three months I managed MickyD's you would have seen. Then again maybe that wasn't what people actually mean by extroverted...Is terminally burned out and perpetually pissed off the same as extroverted? It was amazing how introverted I again became after just one week transitioning to construction :silly:
Sounds like you just ran out of people you'd like to tell to bugger off. We are, to some degree a product of our environment...(Yes, the general public can be such a**holes)

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2023, 09:15:43 pm »
Introverted in general, but it depends on my level of pessimism.

Put me on a stage and I'm as extroverted as they come.

But on the whole, I prefer to be alone.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline DB

« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2023, 09:19:03 pm »

Put me on a stage and I can't speak a coherent sentence - even if I'm an expert on the subject...

Offline libertybele

« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2023, 09:19:07 pm »

@jmyrlefuller  I know I mentioned it before, but you have one heck of a voice.  Have you ever thought about competing on "American Idol"??  Wouldn't that be something, our Briefer becoming an idol?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 09:23:51 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2023, 09:23:00 pm »
Sounds like you just ran out of people you'd like to tell to bugger off. We are, to some degree a product of our environment...(Yes, the general public can be such a**holes)

Yes, the general public can be a bunch of a**holes that are irritating to be around and some try my patience.  It only makes me appreciate being at home more often.  On the other hand there are some people who are truly delightful to be around. It makes going out actually pleasant sometimes.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2023, 09:35:08 pm »
Put me on a stage and I can't speak a coherent sentence - even if I'm an expert on the subject...

If I can hide behind my guitar I am fine.
In presentation or sermon mode, I lock up on stage.
I have to walk among the people.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2023, 09:35:59 pm »
@jmyrlefuller  I know I mentioned it before, but you have one heck of a voice.  Have you ever thought about competing on "American Idol"??  Wouldn't that be something, our Briefer becoming an idol?
When I was younger and still eligible (AI has a surprisingly young age limit)it was something I thought about. I have a friend who actually tried it. But there are so many people who try out for those kinds of shows that it's a crapshoot to actually make it. Those auditions you see in the opening episodes of each season are actually the second layer of auditions. The ones you see advertised where thousands line up, those never make it to TV. The scouts who are there are the ones who judge who make it to TV, and it doesn't really matter what your talent is,, if it's not specifically the kind of talent the producers are looking for, the response will be "thanks but no thanks."

That, and even if I did have success at that level, I'd be surrendering a lot of control over my career to a major corporation.

Me? I'm happy building my brand organically, taking the opportunities within driving distance, building the networks of friends to help build a reputation. If I never make it big, I'll be fine. Music is what I do for enjoyment and to make friends.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024