Poll

DO YOU consider yourself an Extrovert or an Introvert?

Extrovert
4 (11.8%)
Introvert
17 (50%)
It's Complicated
10 (29.4%)
I'm Bipolar (stoner option)
3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: June 21, 2023, 09:09:35 pm

Author Topic: DO YOU consider yourself an Extrovert or an Introvert?  (Read 5497 times)

Online corbe

DO YOU consider yourself an Extrovert or an Introvert?
« on: May 22, 2023, 09:09:35 pm »
6 Reasons Why Introverts Are Attractive ~ Courtney Ryan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNBVNmcHNvs
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online roamer_1

Re: DO YOU consider yourself an Extrovert or an Introvert?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2023, 09:21:07 pm »
A vid hawking traits of introverts that are attractive...

Am I the only one that sees the irony in that?  :silly:

As for me, I am both. I am very happy to be in my own company, for months and years even... So I would suppose I am an introvert in the main.

But there's also a side to me that likes to party, that is very gregarious...

I get 'charged up', as the vid put it, either way. So I am in the 'It's complicated' category I guess... Though alone is my preference.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2023, 09:31:44 pm »
Total Introvert.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline berdie

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2023, 10:04:51 pm »
When I was younger, I was very much an extrovert I guess. Loved to go out and had company nearly every weekend. The last Thanksgiving hosted was 57 people and I loved it. :laugh:

As I've gotten older I've become less tolerant of people and situations. Kind of like Get Off My Lawn! Well, maybe not that bad, lol. Although I still have a small group of close friends and my family that I will socialize with...my comfort zone is "berdie's world". So I guess a person can be either depending on age?

Online roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2023, 10:55:59 pm »
When I was younger, I was very much an extrovert I guess. Loved to go out and had company nearly every weekend. The last Thanksgiving hosted was 57 people and I loved it. :laugh:

As I've gotten older I've become less tolerant of people and situations. Kind of like Get Off My Lawn! Well, maybe not that bad, lol. Although I still have a small group of close friends and my family that I will socialize with...my comfort zone is "berdie's world". So I guess a person can be either depending on age?

I get that, Always important to me, but more so now, the intimacy of the porch... Small gathering of family and friends, with good food on the grill, and a few beers... Still by far my favorite thing.

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2023, 10:59:46 pm »
Start off introvet... as I get to know ya better I become more talkative.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2023, 05:28:26 am »
To answer the question... Yes.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2023, 05:53:37 pm »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2023, 05:55:28 pm »
Most people involved in internet forums are introverts I'd say...

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2023, 06:01:15 pm »
Introvert by birth, though less so now that I'm older because I just don't give a crap.

Problem is, I'm a throwback, relic, fossil to a different time in society, so I just don't relate to most people anymore anyway.
The Republic is lost.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2023, 07:36:03 pm »
Introvert by birth, though less so now that I'm older because I just don't give a crap.

Problem is, I'm a throwback, relic, fossil to a different time in society, so I just don't relate to most people anymore anyway.

You'd make for a fine hillbilly... Dunno why you ain't.

888high58888

Offline DB

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2023, 08:01:11 pm »
If you live long enough and are an introvert, at some point you transition to don't give a shit...

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2023, 08:00:57 am »
If you live long enough and are an introvert, at some point you transition to don't give a shit...
I have had varied enough experiences in life I can generally strike up a conversation with most anyone, even if it is to give them an opportunity to explain their beliefs which I do not agree with.

Sometimes I gain insight from that, sometimes, I'm just gobsmacked by their ridiculous viewpoint. I can mentally, unilaterally agree to disagree if they seem impassioned to the point they might come unhinged, and keep my beliefs to my self if theirs seem irredeemable.

On occasion, I have broken up disturbances with a few words, removing the need for official intervention, to everyone's benefit, usually joking around with someone.

I like to have fun. But I don't drink, and I'm usually gone before oh drunk thirty, simply because everyone is speaking another language by then, and not much good happens after midnight.

One lesson of my youth, hammered home when riding motorcycles in my bad old days, was to mind my own business where other people's personal conflicts come into the picture, because there is usually far more to that story than I am seeing at that moment.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2023, 08:15:48 am by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2023, 02:41:12 pm »
I have had varied enough experiences in life I can generally strike up a conversation with most anyone, even if it is to give them an opportunity to explain their beliefs which I do not agree with.

Sometimes I gain insight from that, sometimes, I'm just gobsmacked by their ridiculous viewpoint. I can mentally, unilaterally agree to disagree if they seem impassioned to the point they might come unhinged, and keep my beliefs to my self if theirs seem irredeemable.

On occasion, I have broken up disturbances with a few words, removing the need for official intervention, to everyone's benefit, usually joking around with someone.

I like to have fun. But I don't drink, and I'm usually gone before oh drunk thirty, simply because everyone is speaking another language by then, and not much good happens after midnight.

One lesson of my youth, hammered home when riding motorcycles in my bad old days, was to mind my own business where other people's personal conflicts come into the picture, because there is usually far more to that story than I am seeing at that moment.

THIS  pointing-up  :yowsa:

Except in that I would still love to lightly tie one on now and then... Not crazy drunk and tearing down the bar - Though that has it's charm somewhere in my head...

But rather, a nice buzz at a farm party, or tailgate party... When it's right, it's joyful and carefree...

The problem though, for me, was finding the right balance in that. I usually miss by quite a few beers too many.  :shrug:

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2023, 03:54:47 pm »
You'd make for a fine hillbilly... Dunno why you ain't.

888high58888

Halfway there, thinking of buying a piece of family land and going off grid. Already run the garden for my parents and getting their place set up to be off grid.
The Republic is lost.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2023, 04:00:51 pm »
Halfway there, thinking of buying a piece of family land and going off grid. Already run the garden for my parents and getting their place set up to be off grid.

:beer:

Online libertybele

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2023, 04:02:16 pm »
It depends on what kind of day I'm having and what mood I'm in.  happy77
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2023, 07:55:42 pm »
I am generally introverted...except when I am driving :whistle:

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2023, 07:58:21 pm »

:mauslaff:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2023, 07:59:29 pm »

...or posting on TBR...(I seen it)  :silly:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2023, 08:01:42 pm »
Most people involved in internet forums are introverts I'd say...

Hmmm??? I would say just the opposite.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2023, 08:15:06 pm »
THIS  pointing-up  :yowsa:

Except in that I would still love to lightly tie one on now and then... Not crazy drunk and tearing down the bar - Though that has it's charm somewhere in my head...

But rather, a nice buzz at a farm party, or tailgate party... When it's right, it's joyful and carefree...

The problem though, for me, was finding the right balance in that. I usually miss by quite a few beers too many.  :shrug:
That's why I quit. I could have just as much fun, no regrets, no hangover (not that I ever had much of one), and if something went wrong, there was a sober driver to get them to help.

C S Lewis

Offline DB

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2023, 08:31:02 pm »
Hmmm??? I would say just the opposite.

Introverts feel free to speak when they are otherwise unseen on the internet.

Extroverts feel free to speak with many eyes on them.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2023, 08:33:29 pm »
Introverts feel free to speak when they are otherwise unseen on the internet.

Extroverts feel free to speak with many eyes on them.

Some, myself included, have never had any problem with speaking their minds under any circumstance.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DB

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2023, 08:40:37 pm »
Some, myself included, have never had any problem with speaking their minds under any circumstance.

I don't doubt that. Just saying that the internet allows introverts to express themselves with strangers when they otherwise wouldn't do so.