Poll

DO YOU consider yourself an Extrovert or an Introvert?

Extrovert
4 (11.8%)
Introvert
17 (50%)
It's Complicated
10 (29.4%)
I'm Bipolar (stoner option)
3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: June 21, 2023, 09:09:35 pm

Author Topic: DO YOU consider yourself an Extrovert or an Introvert?  (Read 5695 times)

Online libertybele

Re: DO YOU consider yourself an Extrovert or an Introvert?
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2023, 09:43:35 pm »
When I was younger and still eligible (AI has a surprisingly young age limit)it was something I thought about. I have a friend who actually tried it. But there are so many people who try out for those kinds of shows that it's a crapshoot to actually make it. Those auditions you see in the opening episodes of each season are actually the second layer of auditions. The ones you see advertised where thousands line up, those never make it to TV. The scouts who are there are the ones who judge who make it to TV, and it doesn't really matter what your talent is,, if it's not specifically the kind of talent the producers are looking for, the response will be "thanks but no thanks."

That, and even if I did have success at that level, I'd be surrendering a lot of control over my career to a major corporation.

Me? I'm happy building my brand organically, taking the opportunities within driving distance, building the networks of friends to help build a reputation. If I never make it big, I'll be fine. Music is what I do for enjoyment and to make friends.

Good for you.    happy77  :beer:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2023, 09:50:07 pm »
I've always thought I was an introvert. But with my Southern Hospitality upbringing, I'll start up a conversation with anyone I come across. Though walking the sidewalks of New York City, I'd get some strange shocked looks, like why's this Texan with a slow drawl talking to me. And then I'd see their wall come down and converse with me.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2023, 10:00:48 pm »
Introverted in general, but it depends on my level of pessimism.

Put me on a stage and I'm as extroverted as they come.

But on the whole, I prefer to be alone.

That's about how it works for me.  I did years in radio, so I was used to it.  Have not done that since about 1990.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2023, 12:50:02 am »
I am a modest fellow,who  is both humble and shy.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2023, 01:14:20 am »
I am a modest fellow,who  is both humble and shy.

LOL! YOU are also FOS! @sneakypete

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien