Author Topic: The GOP’s Festival of Losers Kurt Schlichter  (Read 290 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The GOP’s Festival of Losers Kurt Schlichter
« on: May 22, 2023, 01:33:36 pm »
The GOP’s Festival of Losers
Kurt Schlichter

The obvious reaction to the bizarre idea that Chris Christie will soon enter the 2024 GOP primaries and then win the general election – “Fat chance! – is accurate on every level. The rotund Republican has zero support among the base, having missed his window a decade ago and having gone on to become one of those Republicans whose primary function is to trash other Republicans – a chubby chimp dancing for dimes as the MSNBC organ grinders play. Why is he running? Delusion? Narcissism? Greed? Who knows?

Who cares?

We’ve talked about Nikki Haley before. Remember her? She’s still running for vice president, er, president. I spoke to about 150 conservative women in Washington state the other night and mentioned her. Her support was zero. Nada. Nil. Yet now the aforementioned Pillsbury Doughcandidate and a few other no-hopers are joining her in spending tens of millions to top out at 3%.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2023/05/22/the-gops-festival-of-losers-n2623507
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: The GOP’s Festival of Losers Kurt Schlichter
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2023, 12:03:37 am »
An excellent piece. Kurt is really swinging away here. A little more:

Then there’s Tim Scott, the favorite of everyone who thinks Mike Pence is too fiery and aggressive. I like Tim Scott. Heck, I like Mike Pence too. They would make terrific Sunday school teachers, but it’s Saturday night and all right for fighting. Gentle people like them have a role, and that role is not “leader.” Leaders have to lead, and sometimes that means leading the troops through the midst of the enemy behind sharpened, gleaming bayonets. Tim Scott is a nice guy with a nice story and a nice demeanor who does not take pleasure in crushing his enemies, which means that he will not aggressively seek to crush his enemies, and the crushing of our enemies is the key requirement of a Republican nominee in 2024.

The enemy hates us, and it is dead serious about converting its hatred into policy. From legalizing crime to weaponizing the government against us, from disenfranchising us at the ballot box to disarming us in our homes, to gagging us on social media and leveraging the regime media to hide the truth and amplify the lies, this is a cold war where we become serfs if we don’t win. It’s not the time for Team Use Your Inside Voice. The enemy holds every major institution; if you are worried about collateral damage to the institutions that seek to enslave us – or worse – then you don’t have the stones to flatten them and their current occupants. And that’s what we need to do.

Here's the test – if you think we should not dismantle the FBI because the problem is a few bad apples, you are impotent and unfit to lead. Get back in the rear with the camp followers and help with the cooking – we need a guy who will pick up his saber, yell “Follow me!” and charge.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2023, 12:31:09 am »
An excellent piece. Kurt is really swinging away here. A little more:

Then there’s Tim Scott, the favorite of everyone who thinks Mike Pence is too fiery and aggressive. I like Tim Scott. Heck, I like Mike Pence too. They would make terrific Sunday school teachers, but it’s Saturday night and all right for fighting. Gentle people like them have a role, and that role is not “leader.” Leaders have to lead, and sometimes that means leading the troops through the midst of the enemy behind sharpened, gleaming bayonets. Tim Scott is a nice guy with a nice story and a nice demeanor who does not take pleasure in crushing his enemies, which means that he will not aggressively seek to crush his enemies, and the crushing of our enemies is the key requirement of a Republican nominee in 2024.

The enemy hates us, and it is dead serious about converting its hatred into policy. From legalizing crime to weaponizing the government against us, from disenfranchising us at the ballot box to disarming us in our homes, to gagging us on social media and leveraging the regime media to hide the truth and amplify the lies, this is a cold war where we become serfs if we don’t win. It’s not the time for Team Use Your Inside Voice. The enemy holds every major institution; if you are worried about collateral damage to the institutions that seek to enslave us – or worse – then you don’t have the stones to flatten them and their current occupants. And that’s what we need to do.

Here's the test – if you think we should not dismantle the FBI because the problem is a few bad apples, you are impotent and unfit to lead. Get back in the rear with the camp followers and help with the cooking – we need a guy who will pick up his saber, yell “Follow me!” and charge.

@Fishrrman

Agree - 100%.

I love that we have great, decent and kind people like Tim Scott on our side, who we will in time need, because we are not cruel and thoughtless people, nor should we ever be.  God help and inspire us.

But to lead, right now: we need someone who understands that those of us who love liberty and justice under the rule of law are dealing with an enemy of all we hold dear- not a mere adversary - and they are already treating us as such because their objectives and their values are polar opposites of ours, and they do not simply disagree, but rather hate us for refusing to obey their commands and accept their beliefs. 

The reality of the matter is that is where we are now.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 12:33:29 am by andy58-in-nh »
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2023, 01:06:47 am »
The rotund Republican has zero support among the base, having missed his window a decade ago and having gone on to become one of those Republicans whose primary function is to trash other Republicans

Yeah, I think that lane already is occupied by the Trumpster.

Christie isn't trying to win.  He's angling for a job, and he'd do that by playing either anti-Trump attack dog, or anti-DeSantis attack dog.  Either way, as the former U.S Attorney for New Jersey, he's likely to be pretty good at it.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2023, 08:03:56 am »
This race will be between Trump and DeSantis.  The  rest are parsley.

DeSantis is gambling that America has had their fill of Trump.  He has been rather mute in his responses regarding Trump.  He will be something other than that during the campaign.  DeSantis is no dummy, so I expect he will come out fighting when the time requires, unlike Jeb Bush who always looked like the deer in the headlights. 

Trump never had any one successfully debate him, but DeSantis is more savvy than those in 2016.   I suspect he will be slow out of the gate, but gain ground rapidly.  All he has to do is promise the things Trump never delivered and has since lied about, claiming he accomplished this and that when he lied and accomplished nothing.

DeSantis will work with Congress to get legislation passed, whereas Trump is clueless on getting anyone to work with him.  His bull in the china shop act is tiresome.  His 2nd term will be completely lame if he were elected.  He will not beat Biden. 

Remember, Trump selected the POS that runs the FBI, now under attack for its fascists undertakings.  And it was Trump that endorsed that maggot Dr. Fauci the entire time he was POTUS, and how many people are dead today because of that maggot's incompetence?  Hundreds of thousands more than needed to die.  Just for these two knuckleheads alone, we do not need this fool back in office.

The Republican Party is in shambles, and Trump is not the answer on any level.  Either we get fresh blood or we end up stuck with the crime family of Biden.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 08:04:47 am by jafo2010 »