Author Topic: Biden Accuses Republicans Of Sabotaging Debt Limit To Get Him Out Of Office  (Read 145 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden Accuses Republicans Of Sabotaging Debt Limit To Get Him Out Of Office

Diana Glebova
White House Correspondent
May 21, 2023 11:39 AM ET
Font Size:

President Joe Biden claimed Sunday some Republicans are willing to allow the U.S. to default on its debt for the first time to prevent him from winning another presidential term.

If the economy does default, Biden argued he would be “blameless,” and called for Republicans to move their positions.

“On the merits, based on what I’ve offered, I would be blameless,” Biden responded to a question from Fox’s Peter Doocy. “On the politics of it, no one would be blameless. And by the way, that’s one of the — one of the things that some are contemplating.”

“I think there are some MAGA Republicans in the House who know the damage that it would do to the economy and because I am president — and presidents are responsible for everything — Biden would take the blame. And that’s the one way to make sure Biden’s not re-elected,” Biden added.

The president made the remarks while delivering a press conference in Japan at the G7 summit before heading back to the U.S. to continue debt limit talks with Congressional leaders.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2023/05/21/president-biden-republicans-sabotaging-debt-limit/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Kinda like the timing (and advice upon) the release of SARS-CoV-2?

Oh wait, that was a MAGA economy, not a FSA giveaway gala.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis