Author Topic: EV’s increase pollution: heavier cars wear out tyres 50% faster, increasing waste and poisonous part  (Read 133 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
EV’s increase pollution: heavier cars wear out tyres 50% faster, increasing waste and poisonous particles…
By Jo Nova

The Greens are polluting the world again

Last week I told Mark Steyn that heavier cars would wear down tyres faster, which would vaporize more tyre chemicals in the air. And here we are a few days later with news stories saying that EV’s wear out their tyres 50% faster, which is not just inconvenient and expensive, and uses more oil, but unleashes as many as 200 different chemicals into the air and water as well. With 2 billion tyres made around the world each year and the forced EV transition supposedly coming any day, it’s yet another problem to be solved “on the fly”, damn the consequences.

By 2050 there are estimates that tyres will be the worlds largest source of microplastics. Not so good for the corals and fishes, but who cares about them right?

If Greens ever want to start caring for the environment or the poor they could always cut half a ton of weight off an EV just by buying an internal combustion engine car instead. It feeds more plants than a lithium battery does too.

https://joannenova.com.au/2023/05/evs-increase-pollution-heavier-cars-wear-out-tyres-50-faster-increasing-waste-and-poisonous-particles/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=evs-increase-pollution-heavier-cars-wear-out-tyres-50-faster-increasing-waste-and-poisonous-particles
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson