Author Topic: For California to achieve 1.8 Million EV trucks it must exploit developing countries  (Read 418 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
For California to achieve 1.8 Million EV trucks it must exploit developing countries
By Ronald Stein |May 20th, 2023
]

We all know by now that the California Air Resources Board has banned the sale of traditional combustion trucks – that run of diesel – by 2036 in the state.  California now requires fully electric truck fleets. Recently, CARB unanimously adopted its Advanced Clean Fleets regulation phasing in mandates for medium- and heavy-duty truck operators in California to buy 100 percent zero-emission vehicles and remove from their fleets internal combustion engine vehicles at the end of their useful life.

What we don’t know is that this regulation will come at the expense of the developing countries that are the basis of the supply chain of EV battery materials.  California’s actions support exploitation of cheap, disposable workforces in other countries and environmental degradation at countries outside the California “air bubble”.

According to most recent data, there were approximately 1.8 million diesel trucks in California in 2021. Of these, around 1.5 million were heavy-duty trucks, while the remaining 300,000 were medium-duty trucks. Most diesel trucks were owned by businesses, with only a small percentage owned by individuals.

California is home to the largest diesel truck market in the United States. These trucks are used for a variety of purposes, including transportation of goods and services, construction, and agriculture. While diesel trucks are an essential part of the state’s economy, they also contribute significantly to air pollution.

https://www.cfact.org/2023/05/20/for-california-to-achieve-1-8-million-ev-trucks-it-must-exploit-developing-countries/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=for-california-to-achieve-1-8-million-ev-trucks-it-must-exploit-developing-countries&utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=for-california-to-achieve-1-8-million-ev-trucks-it-must-exploit-developing-countries
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Californians are f**king idiots when considered as a state and an electorate as a whole (yes, yes, I know there are plenty of nice folks there; why they're still there is another question altogether).

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Silicon Valley was built on exploiting developing countries.

No sweat!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Californians are f**king idiots when considered as a state and an electorate as a whole (yes, yes, I know there are plenty of nice folks there; why they're still there is another question altogether).

:pondering: Why do people still live in Oregon, Washington, Massachusetts, Maryland, New jersey, New York, Illinois, Minnesota....

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Massachusetts ... good schools, good hospitals, professional opportunities ... not as sleazy as Washington, Oregon, and California ... yet
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Massachusetts ... good schools, good hospitals, professional opportunities ... not as sleazy as Washington, Oregon, and California ... yet
All of Mass.? Somehow I question it, all states have good and bad and as everyone knows(I know you didn't say it) not everyone can just up and split for somewhere else.
PS. Not all of California is sleazy and crime ridden, and surprisingly there even some good schools where I am.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

... yesterday, my wife was talking on the phone with a former co-coworker and friend whose daughter works personally for Mark Zuckerberg and wife.  She said her daughter tells her that San Francisco is unliveable - many businesses are closing because their patrons and employees are being assaulted and robbed, and the police and prosecutors do nothing about it.

Good news in Mass, Lawrence is not as much as a distribution center for Mexican and Dominican drug cartels as it once was.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.