Author Topic: Lord Frost warns: Hurtling towards net zero at any cost will be a mistake  (Read 135 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Lord Frost warns: Hurtling towards net zero at any cost will be a mistake
MAY 20, 2023
By Paul Homewood

If only we had more guys like David Frost with a bit of common sense:

With 800,000 British car-making jobs on the line because we’re not making enough batteries for electric vehicles, leading motor manufacturers are demanding renegotiated trade rules with the EU to give us more time to catch up.
Lord Frost, Britain’s chief negotiator for Brexit from 2019 to 2021, is clear where the fault is.
“The underlying problem is that we’re rushing at electrification of cars far too fast for the technologies we’ve got,” he insists.
“What it shows is that the expectation we had in the trade agreement when we negotiated it was that things would have moved by 2024, and that is not true.”
Vauxhall’s parent company, Stellantis, told MPs earlier this week that it would be unable to keep a commitment to make electric vehicles in the UK without changes to the Trade and Cooperation Agreement with the EU.

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2023/05/20/lord-frost-warns-hurtling-towards-net-zero-at-any-cost-will-be-a-mistake/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson