Author Topic: Mach 6: Behold the SR-91 Aurora Spy Plane (That Could Change Everything)  (Read 97 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Mach 6: Behold the SR-91 Aurora Spy Plane (That Could Change Everything)
Story by Brent M. Eastwood • Yesterday 7:06 AM

Meet the Myth and Legend of the SR-91 Aurora Spy Plane - Watch out for media leaks and uncorroborated sightings, some airplanes can take on mythological status, even when they likely don’t exist.

Such is the case with the mysterious SR-91 Aurora spy plane.

This airplane may have been nothing more than an artist rendering of a concept, even though one witness said he saw it in action. Let’s take a deeper dive into whether the Aurora actually existed.

Why the SR-91 Aurora?
In the 1980s, the Air Force was looking for something that could replace the SR-71 Blackbird. The Blackbird was considered expensive to maintain as SR-71 flight operations cost a reported $200 to $300 million a year.

The SR-91 Program Was Ultra-Secretive If It Existed

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/mach-6-behold-the-sr-91-aurora-spy-plane-that-could-change-everything/ar-AA17Jsz4?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=4833296e021a4c30888185ff467fc324&ei=21
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson