Author Topic: Kevin McCarthy to meet with Biden in person on Monday  (Read 333 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kevin McCarthy to meet with Biden in person on Monday
« on: May 22, 2023, 01:50:17 am »
by Reese Gorman, Congressional Reporter |
May 21, 2023 01:15 PM

Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) will meet in person with President Joe Biden on Monday to discuss raising the debt ceiling after a “productive” phone call on Sunday.

After negotiations between Biden and McCarthy’s negotiating teams hit an impasse late last week, the two had a conversation while Biden was aboard Air Force One heading home from the G-7 Summit in Japan to talk about where the two parties currently are.

McCarthy’s call with Biden seemingly soothed over some concerns and frustrations he and his team had about the debt ceiling negotiations. McCarthy had previously said Saturday that the White House had “moved backawards,” and earlier on Sunday, one of his negotiators, Rep. Patrick McHenry (R-NC), said he had been “pessimistic for a while” about the negotiations.

“He walked through some of the things that he's still looking at he's hearing from his members. I walked through things I'm looking at,” McCarthy said of the call. “What I'm looking at are, where our differences are and how could we solve those. And I felt that part was productive. But look, there's no agreement. We're still apart.”

The speaker said he thinks negotiations worsened late last week because of the difficulty Biden’s team likely had trying to brief him while at the G-7 meeting with other world leaders. The negotiators plan to meet on Sunday night to express where everyone is at so Biden can get a “better briefing” when he gets back from Japan, McCarthy said.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/house/kevin-mccarthy-meet-biden-in-person-monday
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: Kevin McCarthy to meet with Biden in person on Monday
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2023, 01:53:46 am »
by Reese Gorman, Congressional Reporter |
May 21, 2023 01:15 PM

Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) will meet in person with President Joe Biden on Monday to discuss raising the debt ceiling after a “productive” phone call on Sunday.

After negotiations between Biden and McCarthy’s negotiating teams hit an impasse late last week, the two had a conversation while Biden was aboard Air Force One heading home from the G-7 Summit in Japan to talk about where the two parties currently are.

McCarthy’s call with Biden seemingly soothed over some concerns and frustrations he and his team had about the debt ceiling negotiations. McCarthy had previously said Saturday that the White House had “moved backawards,” and earlier on Sunday, one of his negotiators, Rep. Patrick McHenry (R-NC), said he had been “pessimistic for a while” about the negotiations.

“He walked through some of the things that he's still looking at he's hearing from his members. I walked through things I'm looking at,” McCarthy said of the call. “What I'm looking at are, where our differences are and how could we solve those. And I felt that part was productive. But look, there's no agreement. We're still apart.”

The speaker said he thinks negotiations worsened late last week because of the difficulty Biden’s team likely had trying to brief him while at the G-7 meeting with other world leaders. The negotiators plan to meet on Sunday night to express where everyone is at so Biden can get a “better briefing” when he gets back from Japan, McCarthy said.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/house/kevin-mccarthy-meet-biden-in-person-monday

Brandon can get a better briefing when he gets back from Japan. Ya right. I feel for McCarthy trying to negotiate with someone who is clearly not all there.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

Re: Kevin McCarthy to meet with Biden in person on Monday
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2023, 02:30:11 am »
What is there to negotiate?  There is only one bill on the table.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-