Author Topic: Michael Block sinks hole-in-one as dream PGA Championship continues  (Read 616 times)

Offline libertybele

Wow.  Absolutely incredible!

Michael Block sinks hole-in-one as dream PGA Championship continues

Heading into his final round at Oak Hill on Sunday, it seemed like Michael Block's week at the PGA Championship couldn't get any better.

That is until he hit his tee shot on the par-3 15th hole.

Block, the 46-year-old PGA playing pro at Arroyo Trabuco Golf Club in Mission Viejo, California, took aim at the green and hit a beautiful shot that was right in line with the pin.

Block looked at his partner for the day, Rory McIlory, and asked, "Did that go in, Rory?"

McIlory, whom Block couldn't believe he was playing with after his Saturday round, nodded with a yes and his face said it all: He was amazed.

Block made his way to the hole and the crowd never let up. The cheers were deafening, and he couldn't shake the smile off his face.................

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/michael-block-sinks-hole-in-one-dream-pga-championship-continues
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

It was a joy to watch him this weekend. He never, ever expected to be in this position. When his tee shot plunked into the hole - on the fly - I thought he was going to cry. It was the feel-good story of the tournament (not the trashy Brooks Koepka winning, though I certainly commend Koepka for his performance). Tying for 15th earns Block a trip to next year's championship.
... “My life’s changed, but my life’s only changed for the better,” Block said. “I've got my family. I've got my friends. I've got the people that really love me and care about me here. It's an epic experience.”

Oh, and he made a hole-in-one Sunday. ...

The 46-year-old Block embraced the moment all week, and the crowds embraced him, too. He’s an everyman who teaches lessons for $150 per hour at Arroyo Trabuco Golf Club in Mission Viejo, Calif. On Saturday, the night before the final round of a major championship, he appeared at a local pub and took photos with whoever asked. ... PGAChampionship.com
He earned a bit over $288,000 this week.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

I've learned today that Mr. Block attended my sister's high school (same school district as I, different high school), several years after she graduated. Now I'm even prouder of him!  :laugh:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

It was a joy to watch him this weekend. He never, ever expected to be in this position. When his tee shot plunked into the hole - on the fly - I thought he was going to cry. It was the feel-good story of the tournament (not the trashy Brooks Koepka winning, though I certainly commend Koepka for his performance). Tying for 15th earns Block a trip to next year's championship.He earned a bit over $288,000 this week.

I don't watch golf, but watching the video sure captured my attention.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.