Author Topic: Biden Calls Allied Foreign Leader 'Loon,' Term Stricken Out in Official White House Transcript  (Read 238 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden Calls Allied Foreign Leader 'Loon,' Term Stricken Out in Official White House Transcript

By Jack Davis  May 21, 2023 at 12:11pm

On the final day of his Asian tour, President Joe Biden muffed the name of South Korea’s leader, calling him “President Loon.”

The gaffe was among several on the trip that ended Sunday.

https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1660229953881796609

The official White House transcript fixed the error.

“I’ve spoken at length with President Loon [Yoon] of South Korea. He came to Washington of late,” Biden said, before launching into a thorny policy venture.

“He’s agreed — we’re all of the same agreement that, in fact, we are not going to — we’re maintaining — we all agree we’re going to maintain the One China policy, which says — everybody kind of forgets — I mean, you all know it, but the public kind of forgets that it says that neither country, Japan — I mean, China or Taiwan — neither er- — territory can independently declare what they’re going to do. Period. There has to be a mutually agreed to outcome,” Biden said, according to the transcript.

The transcript also noted that more than once, Biden referred to Japanese Prime Minster Fumio Kishida as “president.”

more
https://www.westernjournal.com/biden-calls-allied-foreign-leader-loon-term-stricken-official-white-house-transcript/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Not helpful, Dementia Joe.
loon
loo͞n
noun

Any of several fish-eating diving birds of the genus Gavia of northern regions, having a short tail, webbed feet, and a laughlike cry.
One who is crazy or deranged.
A stupid fellow; a clown: with various shades of intensity as an opprobrious epithet, like fool, dolt, etc.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Not helpful, Dementia Joe.
loon
loo͞n
noun

Any of several fish-eating diving birds of the genus Gavia of northern regions, having a short tail, webbed feet, and a laughlike cry.
One who is crazy or deranged.
A stupid fellow; a clown: with various shades of intensity as an opprobrious epithet, like fool, dolt, etc.

Well, Two out of three ain't bad for describing Dementia Joe.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji