Author Topic: NYC mayor’s plan to stop shoplifting by putting ‘social service kiosks’ in stores annihilated by cri  (Read 158 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
MEDIA Published May 20, 2023 11:09am EDT
NYC mayor’s plan to stop shoplifting by putting ‘social service kiosks’ in stores annihilated by critics
One conservative user mocked the plan, asking, 'Why don’t they put a time out corner in the store too?'
By Gabriel Hays | Fox News

Victor Davis Hanson: After George Floyd, elites felt wrongs had to be addressed

Hoover Institution's Victor Davis Hanson gives his take on why America is seeing everything through a prism of race on 'Fox News Tonight.'

Conservatives on social media ridiculed New York City Mayor Eric Adams’ new proposal to combat shoplifting and crime at retail stores throughout the city.

The Democrat mayor’s plan, laid out in bullet point format during a local Fox 5 broadcast, included providing "De-escalation training for retail employees," and putting kiosks in stores that connect "would-be thieves" to social service.

Twitter users mocked the mayor for his soft, unrealistic plan that seemed no harsher than putting unruly children in a "time out corner," as one described. Others argued that the mayor’s plan would make the city more "dangerous" than it has already become.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/ny-city-mayors-plan-stop-shoplifting-putting-social-service-kiosks-stores-annihilated-critics
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
If there is anything capable of stopping shoplifting, this has got to be the plan! :mauslaff: :laughingdog:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson