Author Topic: Mail Delivery Halted for an Entire Seattle Zip Code  (Read 190 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Mail Delivery Halted for an Entire Seattle Zip Code
« on: May 21, 2023, 05:47:08 pm »
Mail Delivery Halted for an Entire Seattle Zip Code

ELAINE MALLON20 May 2023777

Seattle residents in the 98118 zip code had to pick their mail up at the post office last week after the United States Postal Service paused delivery due to rising thefts.

“Mail delivery to less than 900 residents in parts of south Seattle was affected last week because of equipment security concerns. Improvements to the affected equipment were made, and all mail was delivered to the impacted residents,” Postal Service spokesperson Kim Frum told Fox News Digital.

The delivery pause was tied to thieves stealing a master key used by postal workers to open cluster mailboxes found in apartment buildings all throughout the city, KIRO 7 reported. Mail delivery resumed this past Tuesday.

While some residents received a notice from their apartment building of the pause, others said they learned through Facebook or by talking to neighbors. Residents had to go to the post office to pick up their mail. Some waited more than 45 minutes, only to be turned away when the post office closed at 5:00 p.m.

Resident Juana Esquibel said she tried picking up her mail three times and even got off work early to pick it up.

https://www.breitbart.com/crime/2023/05/20/mail-delivery-halted-entire-seattle-zip-code/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Mail Delivery Halted for an Entire Seattle Zip Code
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2023, 05:56:58 pm »
@roamer_1 

Wondering if my inability to visualize Seattle having zip codes today which are "Road Warrior" or "Escape for New York" movie sets...

...is it the same disease with which you 'suffer' when applied to the rest of America?    :pondering:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline roamer_1

Re: Mail Delivery Halted for an Entire Seattle Zip Code
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2023, 06:46:39 pm »
@roamer_1 

Wondering if my inability to visualize Seattle having zip codes today which are "Road Warrior" or "Escape for New York" movie sets...

...is it the same disease with which you 'suffer' when applied to the rest of America?    :pondering:

Oh it's not 'the rest of America' @DCPatriot ... It's just places with more than say, 100,000 - 120,000 people stacked up in the same place... Anyplace with more than 4 or 5 story buildings is already a sh*thole in my book, with Seattle being the ultimate and predictable inevitability.

The exception being the Northeast and the Left Coast - Both dead zones where these sh*tkickers will never stray. Those regions are so far gone that the entire region is radioactive... But otherwise...

I have no reason to come down out of these mountains, and I likely won't till the day I die. But that is not to say that I would not be comfortable in great swaths of this land (in a temporary fashion... I belong here) - Likely more so than you  happy77

Because 20 miles out of town, across all of the US and Canada, wherever there's sweet tea and tater salad, I am a native, and I speak the language.  :laugh: