Author Topic: Biden says 'MAGA Republicans' could use default to sink his reelection  (Read 354 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Biden says 'MAGA Republicans' could use default to sink his reelection
by Haisten Willis, White House Reporter
May 21, 2023 10:18 AM

House Republicans could use a default to try and win the White House next year, the president said in Japan.

Speaking during a press conference at Group of Seven meetings in Hiroshima, President Joe Biden said a debt ceiling default could be a political win for "MAGA Republicans."

"There are some MAGA Republicans in the House who know the damage that [default] would do to the economy," he said. "And because I am president, and a president is responsible for everything, Biden would take the blame, and that's the one way to make sure Biden is not reelected."

The president said he would talk to House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) on the plane ride back to Washington.

The two sides have both committed to raising the debt limit in order to avoid default, though Biden has also said he cannot guarantee what House Republicans will do.

He was asked by a reporter if he would be blameless in a default situation.

When asked if he would be blameless if the United States defaulted on its loans, Biden said, "On the merits, based on what I've offered, I would be blameless."

He continued, "On the politics of it, no one would be blameless. And by the way, that's one thing that some are contemplating."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/biden-maga-republicans-default-reelection
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Then perhaps you'd better start negotiating to prevent that from happening, idiot-boy.

Offline cato potatoe

Yeah, this has been well advertised, and McCarthy was wise to get ahead of it.  The old Give ‘em Hell / Do Nothing Congress is not going to work for Biden. 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Then perhaps you'd better start negotiating to prevent that from happening, idiot-boy.
Precisely.

This guy is supposed to be a leader, let's see something besides ridiculous demands.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

Precisely.

This guy is supposed to be a leader, let's see something besides ridiculous demands.

Exactly.

Online mountaineer

There are MAGA Republicans hiding under Joe's bed, as we speak.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Joe Biden:...I am president, and a president is responsible for everything...

Not for the last 3 years from what i've seen, when democrats are in office, blame everything on the previous administration.  Has Joe been in a coma the last 3 years?
 :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Kamaji

Has Joe been in a coma the last 3 years?
 :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

Can I assume that that's a rhetorical question?