Author Topic: President Biden Begins Hiroshima Press Conference by Attacking House Republicans  (Read 370 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
President Biden Begins Hiroshima Press Conference by Attacking House Republicans

Joel B. Pollak 21 May 2023

The old adage that “politics ends at the water’s edge” was cast aside Sunday, when President Joe Biden began a press conference at the G-7 Summit in Hiroshima, Japan, by attacking House Republicans over the debt limit.

Before turning to the important work we accomplished here at the G-7, I want to take a few minutes addressing the budget negotiations that I’m heading back home to deal with. Before I left with this trip, I met with all four congressional leaders, and we agreed that the only way to move forward was a bipartisan agreement. … Now it’s time for the other side to move from their extreme positions, because much of what they’ve already proposed is simply, quite frankly, unacceptable.

Biden claimed that his own proposals would cut spending and the deficit, and accused Republicans of trying to protect the oil industry, “wealthy tax cheats,” and “crypto traders” while cutting spending on Medicaid and other social programs. “All four congressional leaders agree with me that default is not an option,” he said.

The president was at pains to emphasize his conflict with House Republicans, which the White House said was the reason he cut his trip to the western Pacific short, despite the diplomatic cost of alienating regional allies.

The tradition of not using overseas trips to attack domestic opponents was broken by President Barack Obama. As Breitbart News noted in 2019:

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/05/21/president-biden-begins-hiroshima-press-conference-by-attacking-house-republicans/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
May 21, 2023 7:31am EDT
Biden declares himself 'blameless' if US defaults on debt: 'I've done my part'
Biden blamed 'MAGA Republicans' in Congress for derailing debt talks
By Anders Hagstrom | Fox News

President Biden would be blameless in the event that the U.S. defaults on its debt in the coming days, the president declared Sunday.

Biden made the claim during a news conference in Hiroshima, Japan, where he had traveled for meetings with G-7 nations. Republicans in Congress forced Biden to the negotiating table after months of the White House insisting there would be no debate over the issue. Biden now argues that certain "MAGA Republicans" are seeking to cause a default in an effort to crash the economy ahead of Biden's re-election effort.

"I've done my part," Biden said regarding negotiations, adding that "it's time for the other side to move their team positions because much of what they were proposed is simply quite frankly, unacceptable." This prompted a follow-up at the end of the news conference from Fox News' Peter Doocy.

"Mr. President, on the debt limit, you said already, 'I've done my part.' Do you think if there's a breach, nobody can blame you?" Doocy asked.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-declares-himself-blameless-us-defaults-debt-ive-done-my-part
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

No, Biden, you haven't done your part.  You've simply stalled and refused to take the future of America, and Americans, seriously.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Didn't he tell a reporter to "Shush up" when asked about the debt limit negotiations?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline PeteS in CA

Did LIEden also apologize for dropping The Bomb?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Hoodat

I'm sure that went over well with our Japanese allies at a time when their threat level is heightened.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

Did LIEden also apologize for dropping The Bomb?
Apparently, he did not. Some of the press seemed to find fault with that.  :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org