Author Topic: Slashing farm emissions critical to fighting climate change, John Kerry says  (Read 283 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
NON-CYCLICAL CONSUMER GOODS
MAY 10, 202310:06 AMUPDATED 11 DAYS AGO
Slashing farm emissions critical to fighting climate change, John Kerry says
By Leah Douglas

WASHINGTON, May 10 (Reuters) - Cutting greenhouse gas emissions from agricultural production is essential to the global fight against climate change, U.S. climate envoy John Kerry said on Wednesday.

Agriculture generates 10% to 12% of greenhouse gas emissions globally, according to the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. The food system as a whole - including packaging, transportation, and waste management - generates a third of global emissions, according to a 2021 study published in the academic journal Nature Food.

“We can’t get to net zero, we don’t get this job done, unless agriculture is front and center as part of the solution,” Kerry, the special presidential envoy for climate, said at the AIM for Climate summit in Washington.

He said that without cutting agricultural emissions, the world may not reach its goal of limiting global warming to 1.5 degrees Celsius - which scientists say must be achieved to avoid the worst impacts of climate change.

https://www.reuters.com/article/usa-climate-agriculture/slashing-farm-emissions-critical-to-fighting-climate-change-john-kerry-says-idINL1N3771SC
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
In other words, feeding people, whether here or elsewhere, uses energy.

Since agricultural actions are time sensitive, there is no time to wait on equipment to charge up.

Ironic, since Teresa's money all comes from things ostensibly derived from...agriculture.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online libertybele

He is just an evil despicable person.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.