Author Topic: New Poll: DeSantis Is Only GOP Presidential Candidate Who Leads Biden in Crucial Swing States  (Read 691 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
New Poll: DeSantis Is Only GOP Presidential Candidate Who Leads Biden in Crucial Swing States
By Mike Miller | 7:30 PM on May 19, 2023

Before we dig into the main course, a few words about polling in general. First, it’s been my experience that many—if not most—casual poll watchers tend to pay selective attention to polls, not unlike Fox News or CNN viewers who watch various on-air personalities to be told what they want to hear.

Second, we’ve seen candidates laud the results of a particular poll when its results favor them, then turn around and call the exact same polls “fake” when they don’t like the poll’s latest results. Third, while pre-primary polls conducted among likely voters of a single party might be lauded by various candidates and their followers, polls conducted among all likely voters present a more accurate picture of the general election.

And finally, I wouldn’t bet the farm on the results of any poll(s) before the first primary vote is cast, much less with the general election a year-and-a-half away. Bottom line: while some might stubbornly cling to the results of this or that poll, all poll results are merely snapshots in time; virtual “temperature takers,” as it were.

My point? There’s a bunch of water yet to flow under the bridge before the only poll that matters takes place.

more
https://redstate.com/mike_miller/2023/05/19/new-poll-desantis-is-only-gop-presidential-candidate-who-leads-biden-in-crucial-swing-states-n748646
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Hoodat

Makes sense.  It does no good for Trump to lead DeSantis in Oklahoma or Tennessee if he trails both DeSantis and Biden in the States that matter most.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I take little stock in polls after '22. But at least it sounds like RDS has name recognition.
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

I take little stock in polls after '22. But at least it sounds like RDS has name recognition.

Sure he does -- 445,000 people moved to FL in 2022.  Word gets around.  Then there's the whole issue with Disney that will make people aware.

Polls aren't accurate and I take this with a grain of salt.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Sure he does -- 445,000 people moved to FL in 2022.  Word gets around.  Then there's the whole issue with Disney that will make people aware.

Polls aren't accurate and I take this with a grain of salt.
Hey don't forget Trump, Trump is making DeSantis a household name...just not the way the great divider hoped he would :silly:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Online cato potatoe

We don't need a sample after the past three elections.  The one Trump carried was before he failed as president.  2016 was an electoral college anomaly, and he still underperformed the congressional candidates. 

Online Hoodat

Wow!  DeSantis hasn't even entered the race, yet he only trails Trump by three points.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online DB

Wow!  DeSantis hasn't even entered the race, yet he only trails Trump by three points.

Biden?

Online Hoodat

Crap.  I read that wrong.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

Here it is:

RUST BELT POLL: Battleground poll of Rust Belt states shows Trump 47, Biden 38, but Biden 38, DeSantis 34: Richard Baris' Big Data Poll

Rust Belt voters polled said that they preferred Biden to Florida's anti-woke governor DeSantis, 38.3 percent to 33.9 percent.

Poll

https://thepostmillennial.com/rust-belt-poll-battleground-poll-of-rust-belt-states-shows-trump-47-biden-38-but-biden-38-desantis-34-richard-baris-big-data-poll

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Check your math.

Offline Kamaji

No wonder Trump and his cult are so terrified of DeSantis - he can't even stay more than 10 percentage points ahead of some guy who isn't even running yet.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
No wonder Trump and his cult are so terrified of DeSantis - he can't even stay more than 10 percentage points ahead of some guy who isn't even running yet.

For someone who isn't running he has been doing a bit more running around the country and the world than other governors.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

You forgot to include the sarcasm tag.   pointing-up

Online corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online kevindavis007

I'm still waiting for you to explain to me how Trump is going to get 270+ EV either against Biden or Newsom.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline GtHawk

Well you often forget the tag on your posts  :shrug:

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

I'm still waiting for you to explain to me how Trump is going to get 270+ EV either against Biden or Newsom.

They believe MAGA are an absolute majority, and they don't need anyone else's vote.  Including that of Republicans who have turned from the guy.

In fact, if elections were honest, there is more than enough MAGA support throughout the country to elect a filibuster proof majority in the Senate, and over 300 members in the House.

MAGA!  MAGA!  MAGA!

Offline GtHawk

They believe MAGA are an absolute majority, and they don't need anyone else's vote.  Including that of Republicans who have turned from the guy.

In fact, if elections were honest, there is more than enough MAGA support throughout the country to elect a filibuster proof majority in the Senate, and over 300 members in the House.

MAGA!  MAGA!  MAGA!
If that was true there wouldn't be this hard push to discredit and denigrate DeSantis, why bother if they didn't need anyone but the MAGA Trump voters to elect Trump? But no, every day we are inundated with lame graphics, leftist articles and repetition of lies, for what reason if Trump is so unbeatable?