Author Topic: Trump says he would reach abortion 'deal' that the 'whole country can agree with'  (Read 2146 times)

Offline roamer_1

Who on God's green Earth believes anyone could get the entire nation to agree on something as divisional as abortion?
[...]
Liberal women will never ever trust Trump and pushing the abortion narrative to the liberal edge of the scale will alienate how many of the conservative women that he needs? Pander bear gotta pander.

His only lasting success - The overturning of Roe - And now he will betray the Christian Right on that very issue.

How many Christians will vote for him putting abortion back in a national frame?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Is anyone seeing this reply? @cyberliberty @mystery-ak
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online libertybele

His only lasting success - The overturning of Roe - And now he will betray the Christian Right on that very issue.

How many Christians will vote for him putting abortion back in a national frame?

This issue needs to remain with the States.  You are right; how many conservative Christians will vote for him if he tries to bring this issue back to national attention?  Talk about stirring a hornet's nest. I would create unnecessary agitation. The SCOTUS ruled to return the issue to the States period.  Trump trying to change that?  Does he think he's above the highest court??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online LMAO

What number dimensional chess are we up to now? wink777
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

I'm not seeing it either.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

I see it...saw it    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Another Trumpian promise that has absolutely zero chance of being fulfilled.  As if people who believe abortion should be legal through birth and people who believe it shouldn't be legal under any circumstances would ever agree on a solution.  Preposterous.

But, it does fit in well with other bogus promises by Trump, such as "I only hire the best people" (lie), "I'll build a 20 foot wall across the entire border and have Mexico pay for it" (lie), or "I'll end the war in Ukraine within 24 hours" (another obvious lie).

Online libertybele

Another Trumpian promise that has absolutely zero chance of being fulfilled.  As if people who believe abortion should be legal through birth and people who believe it shouldn't be legal under any circumstances would ever agree on a solution.  Preposterous.

But, it does fit in well with other bogus promises by Trump, such as "I only hire the best people" (lie), "I'll build a 20 foot wall across the entire border and have Mexico pay for it" (lie), or "I'll end the war in Ukraine within 24 hours" (another obvious lie).

Not only that, he is doing a great disservice to this country for those thinking that this issue is still at the federal level.  That is what he is inferring.

Trump's bogus promises and lies.  How can anyone vote for him again?

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

Not only that, he is doing a great disservice to this country for those thinking that this issue is still at the federal level.  That is what he is inferring.

Trump's bogus promises and lies.  How can anyone vote for him again?

He's big government. It's how he thinks.

Online The_Reader_David

The whole country will not agree on abortion policy unless there is some massive change in society, either for the better or for the worse.  A sizable majority (from whom we hardly ever hear on the issue) would be happy with Scandinavian-style abortion laws:  abortion on demand until the 12th (or 13th or 14th) week of pregnancy, and after that only to save the life of the mother.  However, the absolutists on both sides would be bitterly unhappy with that.  Interestingly, Nebraska just passed such a law, so maybe we do hear form that faction of the populace.

Funny how the Left likes to hold Scandinavia up as a model for almost everything, but managed to get Roe v. Wade overturned by challenging a law that was more permissive than most of the Scandinavian countries -- one actually has an 18 week outer limit, in the others it's 12, 13 or 14 -- Arkansas proposing a 15 week limit.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2023, 09:51:08 pm by The_Reader_David »
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online libertybele

The whole country will not agree on abortion policy unless there is some massive change in society, either for the better or for the worse.  A sizable majority (from whom we hardly ever hear on the issue) would be happy with Scandinavian-style abortion laws:  abortion on demand until the 12th (or 13th or 14th) week of pregnancy, and after that only to save the life of the mother.  However, the absolutists on both sides would be bitterly unhappy with that.  Interestingly, Nebraska just passed such a law, so maybe we do hear form that faction of the populace.

Funny how the Left likes to hold Scandinavia up as a model for almost everything, but managed to get Roe v. Wade overturned by challenging a law that was more permissive than most of the Scandinavian countries -- one actually has an 18 week outer limit, in the others it's 12, 13 or 14 -- Arkansas proposing a 15 week limit.

Regardless, of the limits, abortion was handed back to the states, and should have been a long time ago.

Online LMAO

Nationalizing the abortion issue is an issue that Republicans won’t win on. So Trump’s  attempt here to nationalize the issue makes me wonder if he’s on the DNC payroll
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Nationalizing the abortion issue is an issue that Republicans won’t win on. So Trump’s  attempt here to nationalize the issue makes me wonder if he’s on the DNC payroll

I think he is trying to back DeSantis into a corner.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online LMAO

I think he is trying to back DeSantis into a corner.

Possibly

But by nationalizing the issue, he’s helping out the Democrats in the process. Whether he’s knowingly doing it or not, doesn’t matter. The result is the same.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Kamaji

Because Trump is so damned good at reaching "deals" on political issues.  Where's that deal on immigration?  Wasn't that the deal last time around?

Offline kevindavis007

Because Trump is so damned good at reaching "deals" on political issues.  Where's that deal on immigration?  Wasn't that the deal last time around?

The deep state uniparty establishment prevented him from making the deal.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online LMAO

This is another example of Trump attacking DeSantis from the left

I agree that the 6 week ban is probably too harsh. But what is Trump’s position? Besides, you’ll never get a deal that the whole country can agree on when it comes to this issue.

Barry Goldwater

Online LMAO

So what’s going to prevent those same people stopping him from making more deals should he get re elected?

Barry Goldwater

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
This is another example of Trump attacking DeSantis from the left

I agree that the 6 week ban is probably too harsh. But what is Trump’s position? Besides, you’ll never get a deal that the whole country can agree on when it comes to this issue.

The deal the whole country could agree with is that it is a state issue and none of the feds business.

Offline Kamaji

Uh-huh.

Offline kevindavis007

Offline Kamaji

Offline kevindavis007

@kevindavis007

Sorry!  My bad.

@Kamaji

No worries, it is hard to tell nowadays.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Fishrrman fearless prediction:
The "abortion issue" is going to do far more damage to Republicans over time in the red states, than in the blue states.

The Dobbs decision has turned out to be a Pyrrhic Victory -- a [painful] gift that will just "keep on giving".

There are cohorts and cohorts of young women that the Pubbies are NEVER going to "reach" because of it. And even as they grow older, they're not going to change their voting patterns in any great degree...

Online libertybele

Fishrrman fearless prediction:
The "abortion issue" is going to do far more damage to Republicans over time in the red states, than in the blue states.

The Dobbs decision has turned out to be a Pyrrhic Victory -- a [painful] gift that will just "keep on giving".

There are cohorts and cohorts of young women that the Pubbies are NEVER going to "reach" because of it. And even as they grow older, they're not going to change their voting patterns in any great degree...

As you know, abortion has become a state issue.  Those women you mentioned were not going to vote GOP anyways.
Trump in his infinite wisdom is making it seem like it is still a national or federal issue.  He is misleading people.  No surprise.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 10:09:51 pm by libertybele »