Author Topic: Critics rip scathing Politico profile of Casey DeSantis as sexist, ‘shameful’  (Read 468 times)

Offline Kamaji

Critics rip scathing Politico profile of Casey DeSantis as sexist, ‘shameful’

By Selim Algar and Josh Christenson
May 19, 2023

Critics bashed an online profile Friday of the wife of expected presidential contender and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, calling the piece misogynistic and vicious.

The Politico article, “The Casey DeSantis Problem: ‘His Greatest Asset and His Greatest Liability,” quoted anonymous former DeSantis staffers, alleged insiders and Democratic strategists who accused the first lady of Florida of being “blindly ambitious” in an effort to help her husband become the next US president.

Gov. DeSantis is expected to announce his bid for the presidency next week.

The story labeled the 42-year-old former Jacksonville TV anchor, breast-cancer survivor and mom of three “paranoid” and “vindictive” while quoting a male DeSantis supporter who said she needed to “take a more traditional role’’ and a Trump operative who called her similar to “Lady MacBeth.”

“If you’re a Democrat and a woman, you’re ‘fierce’ or an ‘unapologetic’ or whatever,” a senior DeSantis adviser raged to The Post. “If you’re a Republican or a conservative, you turn into a cartoon villainess.

“The double standard is shameful. And the people who do this are always the most outspoken feminists on Twitter.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/05/19/critics-rip-profile-of-casey-desantis-as-sexist-shameful/

Offline libertybele

Here come the darts.  They are already going after DeSantis' wife. I guess in this political climate, it is to be expected.  I guess I was wrong in hoping for some civility this campaign year.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline PeteS in CA

Now do Jill Biden, and don’t use anything serial liar LIEden has claimed.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline cato potatoe

Roger Stone, up to his usual tricks, at the behest of the orange monkey.

Offline mountaineer

Never will happen.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PeteS in CA

Never will happen.

I know, I was just pointing out MSM serial hypocrisy. The timing and circumstances of the start of LIEden’s and Jill’s relationship is quite different from what LIEden claims.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
And of course the left never said boo about coattail hanger Hitlary or Big Mike Obama who also were 'co presidents' but they were called 'strong women'. Well one of them was....woman that is.

Offline libertybele

Roger Stone, up to his usual tricks, at the behest of the orange monkey.

That's definitely a possibility.  This is why I didn't think DeSantis would run. I thought he wouldn't want to subject his family to the Trump & Company smear tactics.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.