Author Topic: EXCLUSIVE: Ex Playboy model Karen McDougal shares intimate details of her ten-month affair with Dona  (Read 1616 times)

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
No, he's not running for husband of the year, but I for one find his lies and cheating troubling.  That speaks volumes about his true character and I can no longer just look the other way.  Any way you cut it he's a liar and a cheater. No, I will not vote for him this time around, nor do I think he'll be the nominee.

I get not voting for him...but the fact that he's a crappy husband just doesn't seem like a great reason to me.  I've known people who were very good at their jobs who cheated on their spouses -- male and female.  It's certainly a character weakness that suggests that their "true character" has flaws.  But the logic I've heard in the past goes something like "if they'll cheat on their spouse, they'll cheat on a test, or they're cheat their company, or they'll violate their oath of office and sell us out to the Soviets, etc. etc..

Just seems kind of a stretch to me.  Reagan almost certainly cheated on his first wife, but I don't think that would have made me indifferent to voting for either he or Jimmy Carter, who only committed lust "in his heart".

Offline LMAO

I get not voting for him...but the fact that he's a crappy husband just doesn't seem like a great reason to me.  I've known people who were very good at their jobs who cheated on their spouses -- male and female.  It's certainly a character weakness that suggests that their "true character" has flaws.  But the logic I've heard in the past goes something like "if they'll cheat on their spouse, they'll cheat on a test, or they're cheat their company, or they'll violate their oath of office and sell us out to the Soviets, etc. etc..

Just seems kind of a stretch to me.  Reagan almost certainly cheated on his first wife, but I don't think that would have made me indifferent to voting for either he or Jimmy Carter, who only committed lust "in his heart".

Yup

Trump’s  affairs make for an interesting tabloid fodder. Nothing more.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline kevindavis007

I cheated on both of my wife's.  Apologized profusely and sincerely to all the hurt that I had caused and moved on. I've never run for any Public Office and though I've had opportunities, I can't LIE to people, it's against my Principles as I've matured.

Less Drama......PRINCIPLES MATTER

I'm old enough to remember when we after Bill Clinton for the lack of his Character.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline DB

It has been a race to the bottom for quite a while now. You are expected to compromise principle to the point there are no principles other than the tribe you supposedly belong to. Advancing above tribe was the success of America. That has been decimated.

Offline roamer_1

It has been a race to the bottom for quite a while now. You are expected to compromise principle to the point there are no principles other than the tribe you supposedly belong to. Advancing above tribe was the success of America. That has been decimated.

That's right.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

This is the lead story on the NY Post

I feel sorry for Melania.. **nononono*

It makes evil sense when you remember Rupert Murdoch owns the NYP @mystery-ak

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

The principles that should matter the most in politics are political principles, and a failure to live up to those is a betrayal of voters.  A failure to live up to marital promises is a betrayal of your spouse, which is then between you and him/her.   I'm not saying it doesn't matter at all - just that it's importance in the context of something as momentous as "who runs the country" puts it way down the list.

Offline libertybele

Yup

Trump’s  affairs make for an interesting tabloid fodder. Nothing more.

Gee, a wonderful example for our already struggling youth who have thrown upon them sexual preference, transexuality, what pronoun they are, etc. 

Morals and character do matter.  Tabloid fodder??  Well, he was found guilty of sexual assault and ordered to pay $5M; that's more than tabloid fodder.  We are losing our youth rapidly to liberal ideology and Trump's repeated affairs are NOT a good example. Nor are his lies and exaggerations.

Say what you want, his remarks degrading women DO count and no ex-president should utter them; he's supposed to be for ALL people; including women!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

Gee, a wonderful example for our already struggling youth who have thrown upon them sexual preference, transexuality, what pronoun they are, etc. 

Morals and character do matter.  Tabloid fodder??  Well, he was found guilty of sexual assault and ordered to pay $5M; that's more than tabloid fodder.  We are losing our youth rapidly to liberal ideology and Trump's repeated affairs are NOT a good example. Nor are his lies and exaggerations.

Say what you want, his remarks degrading women DO count and no ex-president should utter them; he's supposed to be for ALL people; including women!

Affairs do not disqualify someone from office

Repeated affairs does reflect a lack of character and Trump has a lot of problems when it comes to how he relates to women. But it doesn’t disqualify him from running for POTUS

I do feel bad for his wife, though. And the rest of his family
« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 11:13:31 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy