Author Topic: Spineless Republicans Beg DeSantis to Surrender to Disney in Pathetic Showing  (Read 272 times)

Offline Kamaji

Spineless Republicans Beg DeSantis to Surrender to Disney in Pathetic Showing

By Bonchie
May 18, 2023

On Thursday, news broke that Disney had canceled an office complex project that was set to add 2,000 jobs to Florida’s economy. That was the headline at least. Of course, there was more to the story.

In reality, the project had been placed on hold back in 2021 and postponed to 2026 due to various financial concerns. When current CEO Bog Iger took back over the beleaguered entertainment company, that was the final nail in the coffin because he long thought the entire project was a terrible investment. Obviously, he’s right, as building large office buildings post-COVID is like setting money on fire. The fact that Disney has been hemorrhaging money overall didn’t help either, and nixing the entire project was an easy cost-cutting move.

Regardless, leave it to the press to suck up to Disney and misrepresent the entire situation. That’s exactly what The New York Times did by conflating Gov. Ron DeSantis’ battle with the company with the decision to cut the project. If you read deep enough, the Times reveals there’s no solid connection, but once a narrative is established, it’s hard to neutralize it.

https://twitter.com/varadmehta/status/1659276844481257472

Source:  https://redstate.com/bonchie/2023/05/18/spineless-republicans-beg-desantis-to-surrender-to-disney-in-pathetic-showing-n748269

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The Mayor of Miami, as an example.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Democrats may be evil, corrupt, and hate America but repugnantcans are cowardly, spineless, and don't love America and freedom enough to try and stop the maliciousness destruction of the country by democrats.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online cato potatoe

These would have made fine republicans circa 2008.  Francis Suarez in particular has outed himself as a squish.  We cannot let him become governor in 2026.

Disney is not in a position to fund Lake Nona or the other $17 billion they have floated.  They have to cut back in order to prevent their stock price from imploding. 

Offline roamer_1

Disney is not in a position to fund Lake Nona or the other $17 billion they have floated.  They have to cut back in order to prevent their stock price from imploding.

... Amid massive layoffs rumored as well...

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Gov DeSantis is 100% right in what he has done to date with Disney.  Disney is being totally dishonest, and I say screw the woke organization.  I encourage everyone to boycott anything Disney.

Offline libertybele

Gov DeSantis is 100% right in what he has done to date with Disney.  Disney is being totally dishonest, and I say screw the woke organization.  I encourage everyone to boycott anything Disney.

We were there with our kids a couple of times quite awhile ago; it was a delightful vacation. No way would I take them these days.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.