Author Topic: Cornyn: Trump can't win in 2024 presidential election  (Read 295 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cornyn: Trump can't win in 2024 presidential election
« on: May 19, 2023, 02:42:00 pm »
Cornyn: Trump can't win in 2024 presidential election
Karen Townsend 8:41 AM on May 19, 2023

Senator John Cornyn (R-TX) spoke with Texas reporters on Thursday afternoon. The senior senator from the Lone Star State is the most prominent Texas Republican to go against former President Trump’s 2024 campaign for a second term. He wants to win in 2024 and doesn’t think Trump as the candidate will do that.

“We need to come up with an alternative,” Cornyn said. “I think President Trump’s time has passed him by and what’s the most important thing to me is we have a candidate who can actually win.”

Cornyn was asked about Trump’s performance during a prime time CNN town hall last week. Did it give him pause about Trump’s efforts to win the party’s nomination? Apparently Cornyn was not impressed with what he saw. Trump is the clear frontrunner in the GOP primary race. He is supported by 56% of Republican voters in national poll averages. DeSantis runs second with only about a third of that support. DeSantis is expected to officially enter the Republican primary next week.

more
https://hotair.com/karen-townsend/2023/05/19/cornyn-trump-cant-win-in-2024-presidential-election-n551834
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Cornyn: Trump can't win in 2024 presidential election
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2023, 02:45:24 pm »
So whom is Cornyn supporting?

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2023, 02:53:23 pm »
Trump can win in 2024.  That's why everyone's nervous.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2023, 02:54:29 pm »
So whom is Cornyn supporting?

Himself!

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2023, 10:09:03 pm »
RINO:
"Trump can win in 2024.  That's why everyone's nervous."

Yes.
There's the possibility that he can win.
But it will a difficult fight, and the odds of victory right now are against him.
Not because he's a bad candidate.
Indeed, he's the ONLY Republican who "can win" in 2024.

The problem is... "the apparatus".
It's still there.
It's stronger than ever.
And the states that are needed in order for Republicans to win... remain "under" The Party's election apparatus.

Nothing's been done to change that.
I doubt anything will be done.

That's why I see a tough row to hoe for Mr. Trump.
But again, if there's to be a Republican presidential victory in 2024, he's the ONLY one who can achieve it.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2023, 10:13:25 pm »
RINO:
"Trump can win in 2024.  That's why everyone's nervous."

Yes.
There's the possibility that he can win.
But it will a difficult fight, and the odds of victory right now are against him.
Not because he's a bad candidate.
Indeed, he's the ONLY Republican who "can win" in 2024.

The problem is... "the apparatus".
It's still there.
It's stronger than ever.
And the states that are needed in order for Republicans to win... remain "under" The Party's election apparatus.

Nothing's been done to change that.
I doubt anything will be done.

That's why I see a tough row to hoe for Mr. Trump.
But again, if there's to be a Republican presidential victory in 2024, he's the ONLY one who can achieve it.

You are right, nothing has been done to change the election process.  Mail-in ballots should be very limited and voting should go back to one day.  As for Trump being the nominee, that remains to be seen.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.