Author Topic: New York City’s not-so-sudden migrant surge, explained  (Read 201 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New York City’s not-so-sudden migrant surge, explained
« on: September 27, 2023, 12:53:09 pm »
New York City’s not-so-sudden migrant surge, explained
Story by Fabiola Cineas •
21h

New York City Mayor Eric Adams recently warned that the city could be “destroyed” if it doesn’t get more help to support an influx of migrants — and is now starting to turn some asylum-seekers out of shelter.

“Never in my life have I had a problem that I did not see an ending to. I don’t see an ending to this,” the mayor said at a town hall earlier this month.

Since April 2022, more than 116,000 migrants have arrived in New York City. Most came from the US-Mexico border, fleeing hardship in their home countries and seeking asylum, a form of protection that would allow them to remain in the United States and not be deported. Many are not yet eligible to work in the United States due to asylum rules, which require migrants to wait about six months for a work permit. More than 60,000 of them remain in the city’s shelter system, according to a statement from the mayor’s office. If migration continues at its current pace, the city is on track to spend $12 billion over the next three fiscal years to shelter and support immigrants.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/new-york-city-s-not-so-sudden-migrant-surge-explained/ar-AA1hi5dy?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=b541d9a9609e4fa2bc0912003b29200a&ei=27
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: New York City’s not-so-sudden migrant surge, explained
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2023, 12:56:37 pm »
People should be in awe of the NY citizens who work so hard to provide the necessary tax dollars to give these illegals everything they want, even putting the needs of illegals over those of homeless Americans. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson