Author Topic: Mayor Eric Adams: Nearly Half of NYC Hotel Rooms Now Filled with Migrants  (Read 766 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Mayor Eric Adams: Nearly Half of NYC Hotel Rooms Now Filled with Migrants

JOHN BINDER18 May 20233,542

Nearly half of hotel rooms in New York City today are filled with newly arrived border crossers and illegal aliens, living rent-free at the expense of local taxpayers, Mayor Eric Adams (D) says.

Since the spring of last year, nearly 70,000 border crossers and illegal aliens have arrived in the sanctuary city of New York City — many bused from Texas by Gov. Greg Abbott (R). The figure represents a fraction of the millions of border crossers and illegal aliens who have been released into the United States interior or successfully crossed the border.

For months, Adams has been giving out lucrative contracts to the city’s powerful real estate industry which is housing tens of thousands of migrants in hotels. Most recently, for example, New Yorkers are set to foot an annual $75 million bill to put up border crossers and illegal aliens in Manhattan’s iconic Roosevelt Hotel.

This week, Adams said nearly half of the city’s hotel rooms are now filled with border crossers and illegal aliens, calling waves of illegal immigration an “onslaught” that officials are struggling to deal with and demanding President Joe Biden spread out new arrivals to towns and cities across the U.S.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/05/18/mayor-eric-adams-nearly-half-of-nyc-hotel-rooms-now-filled-with-migrants/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Fun City...!"

Online libertybele

Last place I would want to visit and book a hotel room.  Talk about a 3rd world country all of its own.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
JACQUELINE TOBOROFF: The occupation of The Roosevelt Hotel and the decline of midtown Manhattan
by: Jacqueline Toboroff 08/27/2023

The Roosevelt Hotel in midtown Manhattan takes up the entire block between 45th and 46th streets, from Madison to Vanderbilt Aves. It's an iconic hotel that now is full of illegal immigrant "asylum seekers," who are essentially treating the edifice like ISIS treated Palmyra.

The Roosevelt Hotel was built in September 22, 1924, and it was meant to be grand. The architects of the nearly century old hotel chose the grand style in honor of the adored 26th President Theodore Roosevelt. Steeped in American history, Guy Lombardo and his Orchestra performed their first show at the Roosevelt Grill on October 3, 1929. It’s the scene of the first broadcast for the world famous New Year’s Eve tradition – the singing of “Auld Lang Syne.” Governor Thomas Dewey used the hotel as his election headquarters in 1948.

https://x.com/jacquetnyc/status/1695797998167412785?s=42&t=4m81ZAqiS3wTft0NVuSR9w

The Roosevelt Hotel survived the Great Depression, two World Wars, prohibition, Vietnam, the 2008 crash, but it could not survive operating as a hotel under the plans premiered by New York's “new Democrats," such as former Mayor Bill de Blasio. Since 2000, Pakistan International Airlines has owned the iconic hotel. But New York City then rented the hotel for three years, paying $220 million for the privilege.

https://humanevents.com/2023/08/27/jacqueline-toboroff-the-occupation-of-the-roosevelt-hotel-and-the-decline-of-midtown-manhattan
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline mountaineer

Re: Mayor Eric Adams: Nearly Half of NYC Hotel Rooms Now Filled with Migrants
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2023, 12:22:25 am »
The Roosevelt Hotel in NYC has 1,025 rooms and American taxpayers are currently paying for every one of those rooms to be filled by illegal immigrants - At a cost of $6,000 per family of illegals, per month.

To add insult to injury, the hotel is actually owned by the Pakistani government.

https://twitter.com/berniemoreno/status/1698749056040755596
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2023, 12:29:25 pm »

NYC now preparing to spend staggering extra $1B on hotels alone to shelter migrants for three more years

New York City is preparing for the worst — extending its contract with local hotels to help house migrants for up to three more years at a staggering added cost of more than $1 billion.

And the revised contract’s projected new total $1.365 billion price tag — nearly five times what the original deal called for — would just pay the rental fees to more than 100 hotels converted into emergency migrant shelters.

It doesn’t include the cost of city facilities and other rented sites housing homeless asylum seekers pouring into the Big Apple by the thousands every week.

Critics — including even some Democrats — raged that the Adams administration’s contract with the New York City Hotel Assocation, which is set to be extended from this year through August 2026, reeked of a taxpayer giveaway.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/nyc-now-preparing-to-spend-staggering-extra-1b-on-hotels-alone-to-shelter-migrants-for-three-more-years/ar-AA1hfJLp?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=0d15640c05214412a899902dc45482c6&ei=32
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2023, 12:31:03 pm »
That's what NYC deserves for their virtue signaling "sanctuary city" scheme! :tongue2:
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2023, 12:46:57 pm »

Windows of NYC’s Roosevelt Hotel shelter blacked out after migrants spotted sleeping on floor
Story by Desheania Andrews, Emily Crane •
16h

Migrants forced to sleep on floor at NYC’s Roosevelt Hotel shelter as city hits deadline for stay limit

Workers at the Big Apple’s Roosevelt Hotel migrant shelter abruptly blacked out the windows of its former bar-turned-intake area Tuesday — fewer than 24 hours after The Post exposed that asylum seekers had been sleeping on its floor “for days.”

The staffers — wearing “NYC” badges — scrambled to cover up every window and door that offered a glimpse into the hotel’s old Vander Bar, after it was revealed the area is now an overrun intake center for single adult migrants.

As the windows were being taped up with black trash bags and sheets Tuesday, a shelter employee banged on the glass in a bid to stop a woman from peering inside.

Other staffers came outside and tried to order the media to “move away.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/windows-of-nyc-s-roosevelt-hotel-shelter-blacked-out-after-migrants-spotted-sleeping-on-floor/ar-AA1hiVWL?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=b541d9a9609e4fa2bc0912003b29200a&ei=9
Thomas Jefferson