Author Topic: Air Force Previously Caught Suspected Pentagon Leaker Mishandling Secrets But Didn’t Revoke Security  (Read 117 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Air Force Previously Caught Suspected Pentagon Leaker Mishandling Secrets But Didn’t Revoke Security Clearance

DYLAN HOUSMAN
CHIEF FOREIGN AFFAIRS CORRESPONDENT
May 18, 2023

Air Force higher-ups caught Airman Jack Teixeira mishandling military secrets long before he allegedly leaked troves of classified Pentagon documents online, but did not remove his access to sensitive information, a new court filing states.

Teixeira was cautioned in September and October 2022 for taking notes taking while reviewing classified information and conducting extensive searches of classified information, according to The New York Times. Despite warnings from his superiors in the Massachusetts Air National Guard, Teixeira kept his job and his top secret security clearance.

In addition to keeping his job, Teixeira received a certificate for completing training on the “unauthorized disclosure” of classified information.

https://dailycaller.com/2023/05/18/jack-teixeira-pentagon-leaks-national-guard-air-force/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson