Author Topic: New York Bike Path Terrorist Sentenced to Life in Prison  (Read 162 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New York Bike Path Terrorist Sentenced to Life in Prison
« on: May 18, 2023, 05:43:19 pm »
New York Bike Path Terrorist Sentenced to Life in Prison
Sayfullo Saipov, the suspect in the New York City truck attack is seen in this handout photo released November 1, 2017.
May 18, 2023

NEW YORK (Reuters)—The mother of a New Yorker killed in 2017 when a man driving a truck mowed down cyclists and pedestrians on a crowded Manhattan bike path told a hushed courtroom on Wednesday that no punishment meted out to the attacker could compare to her pain.

"This evil murderer has destroyed so many lives," said Monica Missio, the mother of victim Nicholas Cleves, before Sayfullo Saipov was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole. Saipov was convicted in January on murder and terrorism charges for the attack, which killed eight people and injured 12.

"It disgusts me that he gets to wake up every day while my son does not," Missio said. "His barbarism and cruelty fills me with rage."

https://freebeacon.com/latest-news/new-york-bike-path-terrorist-sentenced-to-life-in-prison/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: New York Bike Path Terrorist Sentenced to Life in Prison
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2023, 05:47:09 pm »
WOW!!!  It only took 5 1/2 years to adjudicate the case!  Pretty quick for them.  But I'm surprised the people killed weren't charged with malicious destruction of his truck. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson