Author Topic: How A Navy Seawolf-Class ‘Stealth’ Submarine Smashed Into a ‘Mountain’  (Read 147 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

How A Navy Seawolf-Class ‘Stealth’ Submarine Smashed Into a ‘Mountain’
Story by Maya Carlin • Yesterday 6:37 PM

Last May, the U.S. Navy released its highly anticipated report covering the investigation into the USS Connecticut’s collision with an 'underwater' mountain in October 2021.

The Seawolf-class submarine hit an uncharted seamount while sailing in the Pacific, causing an extensive amount of damage to the vessel.

While the submarine was able to power its way to a U.S. Navy base positioned in Guam following the collision, eleven crewmembers were injured in the incident. An “uncharted seamount” was also deemed responsible for a similar type of collision back in 2005.

According to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, an estimated 100,000 seamounts could rise more than 3,000 feet from the seafloor.

What the report says

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/how-a-navy-seawolf-class-stealth-submarine-smashed-into-a-mountain/ar-AA1bk80Z?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=3c19d4e08ebc4ae18ffd3dfb4e8d1b35&ei=14

« Last Edit: May 18, 2023, 04:26:15 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Headline:  Stealth Submarines Thwarted by Stealth Seamounts.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright